1st Grow Afghan Greenhouse

I agree, once they've sprouted you can remove the domes/plastic. Congrats on that!

Now, if you're overall RH is low,, I'd keep them on. The first week, two, three, it's all about what's going on down below.

All situations vary a little..

UPDATE DAY 5:
The 5 sprouts are doing good the sun is limited in the kitchen window sill so they started arching towards to light, so I put them outside for an hour today. Greenhouse is on its way so I'm limited till then.
20150708_161829.jpg

20150708_161841.jpg

20150708_161847.jpg

UPDATE DAY 7:
Seedlings are growing well only 5 out of 10 have sprouted but I didn't give up on the other 5 still misting them slightly hoping they will sprout, I put the sprouted seeds (pics) outside daily for 4 hours or so till I get my green house Saturday!! :thumb:

20150710_211714.jpg

20150710_211700.jpg

20150710_211654.jpg

I also ordered General Hydroponics Flora Series. When and how often should I water with nutes?

GRANDADDY PURP UPDATE:
So I super cropped her about 3-4 days ago and I think I broke the branches to much? I tried not snapping the stem but did slightly, did I do it wrong? Is it going to die? Still looks ok (see pics)
1436589035574-148983029.jpg

14365890072591949445458.jpg

14365890774471542525352.jpg

Also I saw this in a thread and saved it I forget who posted it.l but very helpful.
Picture_751.png

Ok, I did the research for you. You don't need any nutes for the seedlings. At least for a while. You can start using nutes when they have some growth on them... I'd say about a month old start at 1/4 strength with a feed, water, water, feed schedule. As for your GDP, you could probably start it out now at 1/2 strength on the same schedule as I said above. The plant will let you know if there is too much or not enough nutes. You posted a leaf description above so try to go by it to figure out what your plants need. Trial and error is the only real way for you to learn. You can read all the articles you want, but until you get the confidence and experience from killing a few plants or getting them to mature state there is no real other way to learn what your plants want. You are off to a great start, you got seeds to break ground and you have a nice semi mature clone. I'd say to grow the GDP as much by the book as you can, and experiment with your seedlings. The GDP should yield enough for you to be happy with the smoke if you end up killing all the seedlings, but you have to take the leap and try things for yourself. Don't make it more complicated than it has to be. Most likely you will get all of them to grow and learn a lot about yourself and your plants. Just got to understand that everyone had to start growing as a novice. Experimentation with one or two of your seedlings would be a good way for you to learn. Feed a few of them the way you want and feed a few the way they need. You will notice some will grow faster, some will be over fed and slow down, some might even die. But it all boils down to YOU, and trial and error. Also, look at the abandoned journals and completed journals. I'm sure there are plenty of posts there for you to get and idea of what to do and what not to do.
I'm not trying to be a dick if thats how it comes across, but I just want you to understand that the only person who can make decisions about your grow style is you. Take the leap and experiment!
GB80

Ok I got it, I usually figure things out myself anyways but wanted to be careful, I'm in Oregon so it's legal to grow 4 plants as I'm sure you all know luckily my neighbors voted for marijuana.. And of course pics will come fed ex says it's out for delivery right now... 35lb package. I'm excited to get it setup and stuff! Also gotta get my Indoor setup all arranged for winter, gonna grow 5-6 plants inside an 8x8x10 wooden box in my garage.

We are legal here too but I live in an apartment complex and you can't grow where neighbors can see or have access to mmj. Plus it would be a pain in the ass to fit a greenhouse on my tiny back porch.
What's your plan for lighting with the indoor set up? I run LED right now, but I'm not totally convinced it is the better choice yet.

UPDATE::woohoo::tokin:
Got my greenhouse all setup, it's on un level ground though as this is the only spot my wife will allow it...
20150711_165521.jpg

20150711_164951.jpg

I'll also be removing the shelving once they get to a bigger stage.
And here is the view from my road which is frequently traveled lol.. Hope my boxer rott mix is enough to scare people. Luckily I also live in a very nice neighborhood which helps but I'm afraid of theft!!!
20150711_165709_HDR.jpg

So is it normal for a greenhouse to get pretty warm inside? And should in yet a digital temp and humidity gauge or not needed?
Yes, mine runs ten to twenty degrees higher than outside temps. There are ways to deal with it,,, but, it all comes with a price. A temp gage will tell you exactly what temps/humidity are, But that doesn't help you deal with it..... You just have to watch things and make adjustments on the fly....

UPDATE: Seedlings are on there third leaf sets and looking good?? Also got my GH Nute goodies. Followed by my 67.5 x 67.5 x 6 wooden shipping crate for FREE off the FREE section of craigslist. Making the front door open up into French doors for easier access just need hinges and locks. The Grandaddy Purp is doing good as well forming lots of New growth sites, I lightly zip tides the branches I broke accidentally so that they are standing straight up instead of snapped and slumped over slightly. Let me know what you think what I should change etc. Thanks! :thumb:

20150715_182041.jpg

20150715_182035.jpg

20150715_182048.jpg

20150715_182057.jpg

20150715_182029.jpg

20150715_180915.jpg

20150715_180933.jpg

20150715_180948.jpg

Back
Top Bottom