1st Grow Afghan Greenhouse

Also if I wanted to keep plant height down would I leave them in a smaller pot? I don't wants these getting giant lol and I can fit 10, 7 gallon pots in the tent till in see sex.
You can keep them down with a lot of different training techniques. Topping, FIM, LST, supercropping, main lining etc... search the outdoor grows to get an idea of what you are getting into. Your plants should have at least 2 months of straight veg before they start flowering, so they could get quite large in the greenhouse. Id love to see an outdoor scrog, but for your first try at growing, id recomend just growing them out the way nature intended to get through to harvest. If you must mess with your plants (like me) stick with topping and low stress training for this first grow. Easiest way to sex your plants would be to take a couple clones off each plant, label the plants and clones that came from them (respectively) and flower the clones after they root. Then you will be able to cull the males and have plenty of room for your med producing fems.
I know it's easy to ask questions and the info you get can be quite overwhelming, but if you look around and sub to other grows you can get a lot of great info and learn from mistakes others have made and see what has been working. It will give you a little more confidence when you are ready to finally place your plants outside. I'm willing to help, but you really need to look around the forum for ideas that you want to try out with your grow. Ultimately it is your grow and no matter what anyone says or does, your plants will rely on only you to get them through till harvest. The more you learn the better prepared you will be when you run into problems.... and you will run into problems, everyone does! There is a lot of great info on that "You" channel tube thing also. I'll keep an eye on your grow and help when I can. Also, put a link to this grow in your "signature" and when you post on another thread, people can click on your sig and come here to view and help with anything you need.
GB80

UPDATE: Picked up a grand daddy purp plant for 40$ off Craigslist . She's a little wilted from the black bag that was over her in my car but otherwise healthy. I see some brown spots around a leaf but only 1-2 leaves.
20150706_135808.jpg

20150706_135801.jpg

DAY 3:Seedlings still haven't sprouted, keeping soil moist and with a ziploc over the top of each cup. I'm sure another 2 days will do the trick.

I would just defoliate the leaves that show any problems. It will give you a better idea of what you have in a few days. If there are any deficiencies they will start showing in the other leaves. Also check the soil, the wilting could be a watering issue. Just dig your finger about an inch or 2 down and if it's dry, then water it. That one could be started on nutrients if you want it to grow faster. If you can post some close up pics of the bad leaves that would give me and anyone else a better idea of what's going on. Thanks

Here are some pics.
20150706_144643.jpg

20150706_144655.jpg

20150706_144711.jpg

I wouldn't cut anything yet. Give it a good water drench. Maybe check the runoff but I'd really just water her and watch her bounce back. That isn't bad. If you act swiftly. You could,,, after second thought cut the tips of what appears to be a few burnt ones... Those won't repair. But, water is the first step. Good clean phd water. Good luck.

Looks like a six to eight week old clone or so. Do you know the age,, when do you plan to flower her??.. I would water first.. See what comes back, then reassess. That's my two cents. Others may offer different, but I'd do that first.

I was going to let her run her natural cycle and flower whenever she does. After she perks back up should I super crop her?

Sure. But, keep in mind you want her mostly healed up before you bloom. I'm kinda rough when I super crop and will break a branch or two. Some strains take it better than others. So, I'd do it early, just my two cents

DAY 4 UPDATE:
I have a total of 4 seedlings that have sprouted out of ten so far.
Also got a few goodies from work, lab grade ph meters and a infrared thermometer.
Message_1436215826177.jpg

20150707_181805.jpg

20150707_181802_HDR.jpg

- Bad communication on eBay with the seller so 4 days after I ordered my greenhouse it shipped today, 2 day shipping.

(GRANDDADDY PURP)
GDP UPDATE:
The leaves ended up dying drying to a crisp so I pruned them all off at the stem, and then super cropped her at the same time, lots of stress but she can handle it.

Should I leave zip lock over solo cup once seeds sprout?
I personally don't cover anything. I tried it with some clones this time, and they took 2 days longer to root than the ones I didn't cover.
I would say yes, remove the bags when they sprout... I believe the only purpose they serve is to keep humidity up. If you keep the medium damp till the seed sprouts then there is no purpose for the bags in my opinion. But you know what they say about opinions...

Back
Top Bottom