1st Grow Afghan Greenhouse

XSlurpyy

Doing my first outdoor grow I have 10 Afghan kush seeds non feminized from AMS.

I have read and done alot of research and my brother in law also grows, he grows indoors. He lives in hour a way so won't be a constant resource.

Germination began in a glass of water for 12 hours, not all the seeds sunk but I put all 10 seeds in there own individual solo cups with 4 slots in the bottom of each cup, each cup is now sitting on my window sill waiting to sprout. using Scott's soil see pic.

QUESTIONS:

Do I need nutrients?

It's 90° outside right now after seedlings sprout is it a good idea to get them into greenhouse in those Temps?

Starting beginning of July is that a problem over here in Oregon, gonna let nature run its course and buds will remain outside till harvest.

Any tips and info is appreciated
20150703_223108.jpg
20150704_234556.jpg
20150704_234759.jpg
20150704_091300.jpg

I'd get some type of humidity dome on them. Doesn't need to be special, I use zip lock bags. That way the little moisture you give them won't be wasted. You don't want them to dry out, but, you don't want to soak them either. Keep em moist like a date at the prom.

90 in direct sun is a bit warm for seedlings, yes.

Until they sprout you've got to stay vigilant and keep them moist. Any moment of dryness can harm them. Then on the other hand they can't be too moist so you want to just must them as you have. They need constant checkups now but after a week or two above ground they are much more stable.

Good luck and congrats on the legalization. I wish I didn't have to stress about a couple harmless plants.

Ok perfect I've been misting them like twice a day just when I see the soil start to slightly dry. After they sprout and the heat wave passes I'll put them in the greenhouse in the back yard. And yes the legalization is awesome 4 plants a household I have 10 seeds but expect fallout to males..

How is my soil? If it's good I'll use it for all stages of growth.
Should I buy a digital pH meter?
Do I need nutrients?

Thanks.

How is my soil? If it's good I'll use it for all stages of growth.
Should I buy a digital pH meter?
Do I need nutrients?

Thanks.
Soil is ok for first grow. You might want to consider buying a better soil though for when you transplant to your greenhouse. Promix, fox farms soil, those are better soils for what you are growing. Not too expensive either. You will want a ph meter if you plan on using anything but rain water. Yes you will need nutrients unless you have some amazing soil in your greenhouse. You won't need much durring the veg stage, but you will definitely want something when you start seeing buds form. Lots of info here on organic soils and nutrients, or you could use a 3 part like fox farms, G.H. etc... search function is your friend, or go through some of the other journals here and look to see what you might want to do. Lots of great grows right now and plenty of people willing to help. It seems like you are off to a good start but watch those seedlings closely, your soil (scotts) has ferts in it already and could end up bieng too "hot" for those babies. Best of luck and I'll be around if you need anything.
GB80

GH flora is good stuff. Use at quarter strength then a couple weeks later go to half strength and then keep bumping it up every few weeks. FF Ocean Forest is good soil, I use it on my outdoor veggies and peppers. As for the ph meter, you will ph your water after you add nutrients. Even if you just water your plants, check your ph and adjust accordingly. Soil you will want a ph about 6.5 I always thought ph wasn't necessary for soil grows till a few days ago. Make sure you ph and you will cut out a lot of problems associated with not having the correct ph...

You can.... just a pain in the butt at transplant unless you leave them in the 2 gallon and just set them in the new smart pot. You can always veg a while in a hard 2 gallon pot and just transplant from it. That would be my suggestion. You are growing outdoors... you are going to have some bugs and other stuff always trying to get to your plants. There is a sponsor here SNS that has stuff for bugs, or you can try other stuff. Check out gfcollective. There is a lot of info on natural bug killers/repellents.

Back
Top Bottom