SOG Experiment In A Micro 2x2 Tent, 2 Trays,16 Plants

Zackk

Okay, so I started this new journal for my S.O.G. grow.

I'm currently in week 4 of a scrOG grow, but I'm already prepping plants and clones for my next grow by keeping them under the canopy + on my dresser.

I'm using a 140W Spectrum King LED Closet Case.

Humidity stays around 55-65% but there is always constant air movement. No signs of powdery mildew or mold.

Here's what I plan to do:
I'm going to take the screen off my scrOG frame, and use just the frame to hold up two bins, each 1'x2'.
They will sit right beside each other and drain into a water reservoir that will rest below them.
The bin/trays will need to be deep enough to securely hold the plants.
The bin/trays will need grooves on the bottom to allow the pots to drain properly.
I will drill a hole on the bottom of each bin/tray for easy drainage.
Each bin/tray will be FILLED with plants. If I can fit a solo cup between some of the plants to fill space even more I will, but I doubt I'll have the space for more than 16 plants in total.
The plants will be flipped at 12" and after they have each been topped.
The bins will allow me to easily take out the plants. I can then use this to my advantage and rotate the plants on a weekly basis to utilize light/space.
Every month I will chop down 1 bin/tray worth of plants and start a new batch in order to start a monthly perpetual grow. Of course I will allow more time for strains that need it.
Run a variety of 'grow medium' experiments. So far I have the following being prepped:
(4) Sour Strawberries in hempy 2-liters. Transplanted from coco solo cups. I just pulled them out of the solo cups and transplanted with perlite. 7 Were given to me for $50.
(2) Goji Berry Seedlings (Moxie Seeds) already around 8" and have been topped. They are both girls. Growing in solo cups with a mixture of soil and coco. I'm planning on transplanting into 2-liter coke bottles filled with coco and soil.
(1) GSC Auto seedling (American Fast Buds) in a solo cup with 80% soil and 20% coco. Maybe 4" tall.
(1) GG#4 Auto seedling (American Fast Buds) in a 1 gallon smart pot filled with 30% coco, 30% hydroton pebbles, and 40% soil.
(1) Goji Reserve Seedling in a 1 gallon smart pot filled with the 30/30/40
(1) Pyramid Seed Tutankhamon Feminized Seedling in a 1 gallon with the 30/30/40
I may have gotten a little over-excited about my S.O.G. and started too many plants in various mediums haha. Here's my current game plan:

Start flipping 8 of them under the SCROG canopy once my girls hit week 5 of flower. By the time the 8 start stretching my canopy will be less full as I will gradually be pulling off leafs. Once the 8 hit week 4 or 5 of flower, my scrog will have been taken down and those 2 girls chopped down. I'll then move those 8 into their bin/tray and fill up another tray with 8 new ones.

Sure, my first batch my not yield a lot due to them starting under a canopy and getting less light, but I got to do 'something' about these plants that are about ready, and I want to get into the groove of perpetually growing.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions, recommendations, or comments about what i'm doing. Think i'm crazy for attempting so many different mediums? Let me know!

Cheers,

- Zack

20170723_091757.jpg
20170723_091803.jpg

These are my 4 hempys.
20170723_091856.jpg

New seedlings and one of my newly topped Goji Reserves
20170720_111225.jpg

My 1 Gallon Smart Pots with 30/30/40

I also forgot to mention that I have 3 clones from one of my SCROG plants, a Private Reserve Strain. Here they are in solo cups with soil and coco, and they were started in rockw
20170720_111211.jpg
ool cubes.
Only 3 made it alive.

My light is a 140W Spectrum King. Replaces a 400W HPS. Not your average LED light.
Still think I'll have issues?

So I bought all my supplies and I transplanted the 7 Sour Strawberries into Hempies, as well as a Goji Reserve. All have been flipped into flower under the canopy for a few days now.

Instead of buying two bins I bought one bin that's 22'x20' so I can fit 12 plants, instead of 16.

I'm wondering now if having 4 different stains going at once will prove to be a pain in the arse.

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom