First time with clones

MountainDEWD

Hey everyone!!

Just recently decided to clone my last femme because I loved it so much (and Im running low on good seed) and I got them under the big lights...

The strain is Pineapple Trainwreck and my question is: Do clones "stretch" as much as a from seed plant during flowering? This strain went from 18 inches tall to over 4 feet tall during flowering... it stretched like CRAZY.. so Im wondering if since the mother plant stretch a lot during flowering will the clones do the same thing??

ALSO I noticed that one of my clones was flowering under 20/4 light cycles.. weird????

Thanks for your help!!

Sorry,

Posted before I read a few guide lines... :smokin:

Strain - Pineapple Trainwreck (supposedly)
# of Plants - 2
Grow Type - soil
Grow Stage - flower
Setup - Two 3 gallon kitty litter buckets (im pretty sure its 3 gallon, the weight of the product when bought was 28 pounds..) with a tray for catching run-off and a fan for moving air.
Light - 150 Watt HPS with 2 6400K CFL's and 2 2600k CFL's
Nutrients - Fox Farm Grow Big (LIGHTLY used during veg), Fox Farm Big Bloom and Fox Farm Tiger Bloom
Medium - Fox Farm Ocean Forest
PPM -
PH - 6
RH - 50% - 65%
Room Temperature - 70 - 80 F
Solution Temperature -
Room Square Footage -
Pests - some thrips or gnats, but they are being dealt with :)

Problem: My problem isn't so much of a problem as it is a curiosity... This strain 'stretched' from 18 inches to about 4 feet tall during flowering with my mother plant. I took clones for after the first harvest and now I have them under the big light... they are about 14 - 15 inches tall now and I was wondering if these clones will stretch as much as the mother did?? Also, one of the clones has been developing female calyxes all through veg... wtf? :helpsmilie:

Your clone will carry the same traits as the donor plant
So if it stretched 2 1/2' it will again
Can always LST them to help keep them short before stretch
Good luck
:peace:

Your clone will carry the same traits as the donor plant
So if it stretched 2 1/2' it will again
Can always LST them to help keep them short before stretch
Good luck
:peace:

Thank you very much!! So I shall enter the flowering cycle now!

Have you ever seen clones start flowering free of the light cycle? I've only heard of this with autoflowering plants...

Hey everyone!!

Just recently decided to clone my last femme because I loved it so much (and Im running low on good seed) and I got them under the big lights...

The strain is Pineapple Trainwreck and my question is: Do clones "stretch" as much as a from seed plant during flowering? This strain went from 18 inches tall to over 4 feet tall during flowering... it stretched like CRAZY.. so Im wondering if since the mother plant stretch a lot during flowering will the clones do the same thing??

ALSO I noticed that one of my clones was flowering under 20/4 light cycles.. weird????

Thanks for your help!!

Good to see you starting some clones. Clones will do the same as mothers. It is the same. Only a different seeded plant will do different.
If you add a little more blue it can help with over stretching. it may also do to your 20/4 light cycles. You are only giving 4 hours of root to do there thing. With a clone why not try 18/6 and see how your plants slow stretch down. Some times plants pre flower like crazy under stress or old age. My Ice does that. Now remember the clones are as old as mother so if mother is lets say 4 months old the clone is the same. What I mean is when a plant gets older it will pre flower so when she does that every clone will. I think it is the best and they flower really nice.

Good to see you starting some clones. Clones will do the same as mothers. It is the same. Only a different seeded plant will do different.
If you add a little more blue it can help with over stretching. it may also do to your 20/4 light cycles. You are only giving 4 hours of root to do there thing. With a clone why not try 18/6 and see how your plants slow stretch down. Some times plants pre flower like crazy under stress or old age. My Ice does that. Now remember the clones are as old as mother so if mother is lets say 4 months old the clone is the same. What I mean is when a plant gets older it will pre flower so when she does that every clone will. I think it is the best and they flower really nice.

Thank you so much! The 6400K CFL's are new additions since I took the clones from mom, so they add plenty of new blue light.. Thanks a million for the advice!! These clones were taken right before mom flowered so they are rather old... that must explain the pre flowering! :D Now I can stop worrying!! Thank you thank you.. man, this site is awesome!!

Awesome man. I love to clone and have done thousands of them with many videos on them. If you start a grow journal let me know, I would like to check it out.

Awesome man. I love to clone and have done thousands of them with many videos on them. If you start a grow journal let me know, I would like to check it out.

It just seemed like the way to go instead of waiting for seeds to germinate and grow past the seedling stage after EVERY harvest. With the clones I dont need to veg as long as with seedlings! Makes things so much better! Im so surprised at how easy it is to clone, as well! Some are saying you don't even need rooting horomone!

Haha this must be some good stuff because I keep forgetting to ask what I want to ask! :cool:

My final question is how many times can you take clones from the same line? I mean can I clone these clones without any negative effects?

Haha this must be some good stuff because I keep forgetting to ask what I want to ask! :cool:

My final question is how many times can you take clones from the same line? I mean can I clone these clones without any negative effects?

This is a can of worms
Some say they loose vigor some say no diff
I don't run moms due to limited space and I like to run a variety
But have kept strains going for a few years no mom and meds always seem good to me plants pretty much did what the donor did as far as growth and production

Every strain is diff so you will get a lot of diff opinions

Awesome! Im limited to my amount of seed with this strain and once its gone it is GONE... I will need to do some breeding to make anymore seeds.. so clones it is!! I don't have a space to keep a mother, either... but that will chance in the coming years hehe. I'm honestly looking to get in to breeding once I have the space / time.

Back
Top Bottom