Plant stretch with the flip

Basement Prod

Hi
Just looking for a little advice.
Growing CKS Durban Poison. I am growing one plant currently in flower. I took 4 cuttings from it that are currently in Veg.
On my current plant in bloom when I switched from Veg to flower there was absolutely zero stretch at all.
Now I am wondering if the clones will have zero stretch as well because if they do I would Veg longer but if they are going to stretch I would switch now.
Anyone have experience with this? Are there things that would cause no stretch? Is it normal for some strains?
The Pot was not as big as it should have been, would this have caused it?
Just looking for a little feedback from someone with more experience.
Cheers and have a great day.

I'm not an expert, but the experts will probably ask you: how long it has been since the flip? what lighting are you using? nutes? And temp/rh?
Just a little assistance to help you find the answers

Peace

Clones will generally stretch less than plants from seed. So yes you should probably veg longer. The lack of stretch could also partly relate to your lighting.

I have grown many plants in the past few year and i find you can actually reduce/induce the stretch once you flip to 12/12, if i flip them and keep the light around 12-16" i get very little if not any stretch, if i move my light from 16-24 i get the basic stretch what you would get with the given strain, so if i move my light from 24-36" i get a lot better plants, not maximum stretched as such but shorter inner nodes so eventually when the stretch comes to an end around the 3rd week i get great medium/tall plants with inner nodes always around the 2-3" gap, which is great for when you think you can get some quality colas stacked like that.

I run a 600w HPS light but use an MH bulb 1-2 weeks into flower as it creates a better plant in my eyes.

Back
Top Bottom