FirstGrow - BlueRhino - VanillaKush - SharksBreath

Re: FirstGrow-BlueRhino/VanillaKush/SharksBreath

Chee. My first grow went similar. Very healthy and towards the end. They appeared to go downhill fast. I think my problem was simply nt taking enough time and care in my dealings with them. Whether it be te lack or detail in the notes. Being a rookie grower and being to anxious. Wantig too much too fast. But for whatever reason. Y plants health seemed to lack.
Now on my third grow. With much better notes. And my favorite. And what i personally think every grower master or novice should follow. Is slow and steady. Taking more time to increase the ppm in my nutes. Making sure to use plain water every other watering. Even if the plant is showing no signs of nute burn. And not adding too manydifferent nutes.
Even if your plants aren't looking spectacular. Think. You have taken a seed. A tiny brown seed. And turne it into something that will bring joy pleasure and medicine to you and your friends. You have to take t for what it's worth. Great job cheeforest. With a little
practice you will
make one damn good Gardner.
Sorry about spelling and punctuation. I'm on my phone

Update, week 8:

I ran at least two gallons of dihydrogen monoxide through the pots this beautiful, beautiful evening, and I took the opportunity to snap some pics without the annoying barf-colored glow from the sodium lamp. Without further ado:

Sharks Breath
P101000222.JPG
P101000421.JPG
P101000817.JPG
P101001122.JPG
P101001220.JPG
P101001314.JPG
P101001021.JPG

Blue Rhino
P101002612.JPG
P101001816.JPG
P101002413.JPG
P101002710.JPG
P101002113.JPG
P101001620.JPG
P101001516.JPG
P101001415.JPG

Methinks the Sharks Breath is coming along nicely, but I wish I were seeing more crystals on the Blue Rhino. I have been ruminating on which strains to grow next time: right now I'm at one Skunk-47, one Sour Cream, and one Sheherazade.

Does anyone have any thoughts on my 250 watt light? Should I be seeing more bulk? Less bulk? I really like this lamp because the heat never gets out of control. I just wish I had one more; I could really fill my tent if I had one more lamp. My first grow (the one I did not set up) was only a few CFL's and I am very impressed by what my 250W is doing.

I'm thinking two more weeks or so until harvest; anyone care to essay any (albeit somewhat augured) thoughts?

Chee. My first grow went similar. Very healthy and towards the end. They appeared to go downhill fast. I think my problem was simply nt taking enough time and care in my dealings with them. Whether it be te lack or detail in the notes. Being a rookie grower and being to anxious. Wantig too much too fast. But for whatever reason. Y plants health seemed to lack.
Now on my third grow. With much better notes. And my favorite. And what i personally think every grower master or novice should follow. Is slow and steady. Taking more time to increase the ppm in my nutes. Making sure to use plain water every other watering. Even if the plant is showing no signs of nute burn. And not adding too manydifferent nutes.
Even if your plants aren't looking spectacular. Think. You have taken a seed. A tiny brown seed. And turne it into something that will bring joy pleasure and medicine to you and your friends. You have to take t for what it's worth. Great job cheeforest. With a little
practice you will
make one damn good Gardner.
Sorry about spelling and punctuation. I'm on my phone

Thank you so much, Farnorth. I know exactly what you mean about taking your time. I always want to be proactive and DOING something with my ladies, but I have to remember that plants grow by a whole different rhythm from us. Everything you do takes time to show its effects. And looking back, it is amazing and wondrous and magical that both these pretty ladies started out as nothing more than small brown seeds. I cannot truly expect ultra-healthy plants on my first real grow. I will keep reading and taking advice from the awesome people on this site. Above all, I will keep growing and growing!
:cheer::Namaste::cheer:

Stardate: 04 08 15 16 23 42
In Search of Amber Trichromes

Captain's Log:
As we approach T+ Nine Weeks, (sixty-three solar days since the "flowering" of our mission) we have begun to exorcise and analyze samples from the native flora. If we can find a steady balance between the cloudy and amber trichromes, we can (theoretically) produce some potent medicine.

After we were ambushed just past Ganymede (by those insidious Giant Fungal Gnats), the Cadre and I decided to bivouac at Triton, top off our hydrogen-III fuel, and un-clusterfuck our formations to accommodate for the two lost missile frigates.

Immediately after we passed the Kuiper Belt we were hit again, this time by the nefarious mercenary group, The Whiteflies. (corollary: We still have seen neither hide nor hair of the Spidermite Brigade, which fact has my Cadre (superstitious gaggle of old wives they be) prattling worse than the Buenos Aires Women's Circle. No sign yet of our promised reinforcements, the Mantis Squad and the Ladybirds of Betelgeuse.

This is yet another example of the Brass's not heeding the words from the boots on the ground. We're having a little war and every outfit from here to Rigel wants to get their elite involved, to get their "triggertime." Makes me want to fucking puke.

When we finally reached the objective planet, we executed our infil seamlessly. Our ships landed in formation and we quickly secured a perimeter. The northwestern quarter was hit almost immediately, and the boys over there came under some heavy fire. The guys' valiance was exemplary, and they stuck to their training, made a lot of noise, and scared our attackers off.

The perimeter held, and our engineers efficiently extracted the samples and were analyzing them even as they ran back up the boarding ramps. Our fire teams collapsed smoothly back to the ell-zee and we exfil'd without a hitch. The analysis of the native flora was easier than expected, and fairly conclusive.

Species 1 - Designate Sharks Breath

Side Branch - Site Alpha: .25 Clear, .65 Cloudy, .10 Amber
Site Bravo: .20 Clear .65 Cloudy, .15 Amber

Stalks - Site Charlie: .20 Clear, .80 Cloudy
Site Delta: .30 Clear, .70 Cloudy
Site Echo: .20 Clear, .80 Cloudy

Species 2 - Designate Blue Rhino

Small Stalk - Site Foxtrot: .30 Clear, .70 Cloudy
Site Golf : .99 Cloudy

Main Stalks - Site Hotel: .10 Clear, .90 Cloudy
Site India: .20 Clear, .80 Cloudy
Site Juliet: .40 Clear, .60 Cloudy

Note: I was... "compromised" whilst performing this operation/examination. I might have underestimated the proliferation of clear trichromes, and there was a definite although negligible smattering of amber throughout the mission.

Conclusion: The evolution of this particular flora is further along than I had guessed. There still exists a dearth of orange pistils on the tops, still all white. Difficult to play the guessing game with plants I've never grown before but I'll make a (slightly) educated guest of one more week, maybe ten days until harvest. I will definitely wait until damn near all of the clear trichs turn colors.

So wur da pics at? LoL

That was uhhhh.... I don't know but I'll have to read it again after this mornings medicinal allowance and see what I can make of it. I may have to stop by the enigma decoder depot and pick one up to figure out what choo just said but I'm sure the meds will assist as well.

If you wanna see some stretch I got some bag seed females in week 5 of flowering with 1 month of veg under 4 24 watt cfls, there pushing 3 feet.

Happy holidays everyone! I hope you all got to smoke some tasty nuggitz with some good friends.

Just in time, I scooped a quarter of some Mango. I'm pretty sure I was sold the same stuff years ago and 1800 miles away under the sobriquet Watermelon Hydro. Amazing bud, connoisseur quality. Beautiful cure, pure smoke. Some of the most powerful herb I've had the pleasure. The true one-hit wonder, that initial thriller killer, the one-hitter quitter.

I flushed again this morning and just checked some trichrome spots: almost all cloudy now except the very tops. I really do not want green-tasting nugs- They seem to be ripening very slowly now, should I add some young amounts of nutrients to help them along? Or just stay the course and continue flushing?

Whoa!!!! That was quick! I LOVE THE PEOPLE ON THIS SITE!

Thank you, Farnorth. Definitely raises my confidence level.

I also forgot to post on my last: I have Song Remains the Same on the tv in my living room and Led Zeppelin II on my laptop in my bedroom :tokin:

I find myself in the midst of a medicated reverie this gorgeous night, and I would like to take the opportunity to reflect "out loud" (as it were):

- I moved from Chicago to the Deep South, and there are some fucking hideous bugs down here. The other night I found a moth the size of a hummingbird in my breezeway. Tonight I saw some sorta weird beetle trying to fly into the cement. Made more noise than my idling vehicle.

- I read that Chemdog threw out the Mango strain because it wasn't potent enough. If such fact is accurate, then that's some crazy bullshit because this is maybe the most powerful weed I've had.

- Just met some liars from Ukraine. (I want to say, "the Ukraine"; why is that?)

- I affirm that I am separate from the homo sapiens species; but whatever I be, I am absolutely, positively, without a shade of a doubt, one-hundred per cent male.

- What would happen if Pinocchio said, "My nose is about to grow"???

How are the ladies doing chee?! When are you going to chop?

I will get pics up soon, I promise. The ladies are wonderful. Slowly ripening and actually still packing on bulk. Can't rush the ripening stage, I'm afraid. I am finally seeing red hairs on the tops. Trichromes are still mostly cloudy; as soon as I see an emergence of amber, I will turn the lights off for three days or so and then chop.

During a flush a few days ago, the Blue Rhino colas fell right over. The two big ones have a very high center of gravity. (They are top-heavy) Having few other options, I purple-duct-taped a heavy coat hanger to her pot and tied her to the makeshift trellis to keep her upright.

They really do produce a ton of resin right at the end. Also, I am seeing some of the lower calyxes split open like they have seeds inside. I definitely can't see any mature seeds (maybe some small green/white ones, can't be sure), and it looks like all the pistils are still attached. Not sure yet if I missed a ball or two or what.

The buds are *starting* to look ready, but I definitely want to give those tops time to finish. They still look very green and white. Sharks Breath looks like she really did well in the crystal department, and the Blue Rhino is coming along. BR's calyxes look swollen.

Update: Almost Week 10

It's past time for an update. Sorry I don't have more pictures. I will post more pics before and after harvest and will essay a smoke report.

Ladies are ripening, still looking very very fresh on top, especially the Blue Rhino main cola looks nowhere near ready.

Group Shot:

P101000919.JPG

Sharks Breath:

P101000319.JPG

It seems like they produced a lot of resin, late:
P101000422.JPG
P101000526.JPG

Peekaboo!
P101000625.JPG
P101000725.JPG

The middle cola of SB has outgrowths on each side:
P101000818.JPG

Blue Rhino:
The trichromes are concentrated on the calyxes themselves, as opposed to the sugar leaves, which are relatively bare.
P101001022.JPG
P101001123.JPG
P101001221.JPG

Parting thoughts:
Do be, do be do:peacetwo:

Forgetted (sic) to add the crystal report:

Sharks Breath

Site 1 - mostly cloudy, some clear, maybe a few amber
2 - cloudy
3 - clear & cloudy
4 - 7% clear 90% cloudy 3% amber
5 - cloudy

Blue Rhino

Site 1 - cuh-loudy
2 - cloudy
3 - inconclusive (cloudy)
4 - cloudy, little clear, cloudy
5 - cloudy/clear

Looking ready as hell chee.... not long now at all huh??? How long was the projected flowering time of these plants in comparison to how long they are taking, is it all on schedule or close??

Back
Top Bottom