Fish hydrosylate few questions

Virandell

Hi everybody I just made fish hydrosylate for the first time yesterday I got few questions
1:is it the same good for bacterial compost tea like fish emulsion or its only fungal one ?
2.how long does it take to start fermentation ?
3. If will stinking I will have to move it on balcony my temp Durning the day are 18-23 Celsius degrees and at night 13-16 is it alright temp ?
4. When u been making that it was kinda slimy at the start aswell instead of liquid?
I will appreciate any help thanks :)

Guessing @Emilya is the lady to respond to this one Virandell.
I'm too new to growing but maybe the bump will put it on somebody's radar.
Good luck.

Hi everybody I just made fish hydrosylate for the first time yesterday I got few questions
1:is it the same good for bacterial compost tea like fish emulsion or its only fungal one ?
2.how long does it take to start fermentation ?
3. If will stinking I will have to move it on balcony my temp Durning the day are 18-23 Celsius degrees and at night 13-16 is it alright temp ?
4. When u been making that it was kinda slimy at the start aswell instead of liquid?
I will appreciate any help thanks :)
It will definitely be good for a bacterial compost... not sure that it will have any useful fungal component when it is done.
If you used lacto to break down the fish, the reaction starts immediately. How do you know when it is done? It will stop stinking in about 20 days. The slime at the start is probably just the fish guts settling out into layers in the mix... and yes, it stays slimy for a bit. on the balcony will be fine too... sunlight will just help the process.
Good luck! This is great stuff for the garden and so much better than that fish stuff you can buy at the grow shops. You might want to check out my tutorial on making lacto if you havent too.

@Emilya I just noticed u responded me in this topic my wife had to touch my phone :D anyway thanks alot for your help i read hydrolysate it's very good for fungal compost and emulsion for bacterial that's why is the question :) (it's probably good for both) and actually the fish what I used didn't had any guts as I bought it from the shop ;q only meat head tail skin and ye lab I made myself as I don't abit Korean natural farming in my last grow fermented plant juice fermented fruit juice lab:)))

The lacto will make the smell totally go away! That is how you know that it is done... it will stop smelling bad, and actually will turn a little sweet.

So its an anaerobic microbe exercise then?

I've done the same with comfrey and dandelions - man they stink pheewwww. I solved the problem but jarring up and dont take the lid off until all clear liquid.

Pro tip - dont take the lid off early for a sniff test. lol

Back
Top Bottom