Fist time grower. Asking for advice

rud3dog

I guesss I will start up with my setup.
4x4x6 tent, 600 Mh and 600w HPS, 6 inch vent with canfan, white widow strain, fox grow medium, distilled water and a tiny amount of super thrive.

i started off with a 1000 watt system and fried 3 seedlings, and found out I just couldnt keep the the bulb cool enough so I got 600 watt bulbs and ballist. This is my first time growing so please be kind with my mistakes. Im using a wireless digital thermometer and humidty senser, the climate ranges from 75-80f with a humidity level of 40-50%.
I noticed a couple of my seedlinds have some droopy round leaves and wanted some advice since this is my first grow ever.

I guesss I will start up with my setup.
4x4x6 tent, 600 Mh and 600w HPS, 6 inch vent with canfan, white widow strain, fox grow medium, distilled water and a tiny amount of super thrive.

i started off with a 1000 watt system and fried 3 seedlings, and found out I just couldnt keep the the bulb cool enough so I got 600 watt bulbs and ballist. This is my first time growing so please be kind with my mistakes. Im using a wireless digital thermometer and humidty senser, the climate ranges from 75-80f with a humidity level of 40-50%.
I noticed a couple of my seedlinds have some droopy round leaves and wanted some advice since this is my first grow ever.

Lots of info here to digest..keep those 600watters up off those seedlings for a week or ten days..that's a lot for them to take in..

You have the makings of a good setup..don't panic or overwater and you'll be fine.

is there hope for some of the ones I posted that were looking a lil shabby? An d during veg state where is the proper huminity?

btw thanks for being polite im a total noob

is there hope for some of the ones I posted that were looking a lil shabby? An d during veg state where is the proper huminity?

btw thanks for being polite im a total noob

Temps and humidity are very important as too high temps are a breeding ground for all kinds of pests and diseases.

According to Jorge Cervantes, we're looking for temps in the 72f to 76f range and humidity around 40 to 60%.

Getting too much above or below these values can cause issues but as pretty much anyone can tell you here, successful grows have been accomplished outside of these ranges.

The pics you posted didn't look that bad to me. How old are they? What strain are they? What is your medium? Sorry if you've already mentioned this but it's new years and I'm a little toasted :slide:

I'm a noob too bro but I've been studying my ass off. I've grown outdoors but that was the 70's and much has changed since then. Check out my signature for my cab build, almost done, and am heading to get clones for my first indoor grow.. (successful one that is!)

:goodluck:

Don't worry at all. We were all where you are right now at some point. Whether we like it or not we are "noobs" wandering through life. Only by experience, and asking questions do we become less noobish. I remember my first grow. I thought the plants were supposed to veg on 12-12 and flower on 18-6 light cycle and couldn't figure out why my plants were coming out looking all messed up with irregular leaf growth. My point is, we all need a little help now and then and it is a lot easier to ask a question from some of the smartest people when it comes to growing and see what they say first then to go out half cocked as it were. These forums have taught me so much. There is so much knowledge here, and I know I can come here any time, day or night, and someone will know the answer to my question, or a new way of approaching the problem that I never thought of. Anyway, if you are a new grower I would recommend growing from clones if you live in an area where you can buy them at a dispensery. Growing from seeds is a royal pain in the ass. I am starting my first grow from seeds. I sprouted some Chem Valley Kush seed and some Afghan Kush and also some Blue Mystic. Out of the 6 beans i planted I think only 4 sprouted. The other ones sprouted a tap root but never grew any leaf. Just kind of sat there. With how much seeds costs you would think companies would throw in a few extras. Its not like every seed is going to grow into a keeper mother and they are selling seeds from anywhere to like 10-20 bucks a piece. It's insane. I could get fully formed rooted clones down at the collective for 10 bucks. They have everything too. Purple Urkle, Purple Kush, hell, even Malawi Gold! Clones is the way to go. I only popped some regular seeds because the collective doesn't sell Chem Dog clones so I'm trying to get a Chem Dog mother going because I love me some Chem Dog. If you're going to take the time to grow a plant grow OG Kush or Chem Dog.

Don't worry at all. We were all where you are right now at some point. Whether we like it or not we are "noobs" wandering through life. Only by experience, and asking questions do we become less noobish. I remember my first grow. I thought the plants were supposed to veg on 12-12 and flower on 18-6 light cycle and couldn't figure out why my plants were coming out looking all messed up with irregular leaf growth. My point is, we all need a little help now and then and it is a lot easier to ask a question from some of the smartest people when it comes to growing and see what they say first then to go out half cocked as it were. These forums have taught me so much. There is so much knowledge here, and I know I can come here any time, day or night, and someone will know the answer to my question, or a new way of approaching the problem that I never thought of. Anyway, if you are a new grower I would recommend growing from clones if you live in an area where you can buy them at a dispensery. Growing from seeds is a royal pain in the ass. I am starting my first grow from seeds. I sprouted some Chem Valley Kush seed and some Afghan Kush and also some Blue Mystic. Out of the 6 beans i planted I think only 4 sprouted. The other ones sprouted a tap root but never grew any leaf. Just kind of sat there. With how much seeds costs you would think companies would throw in a few extras. Its not like every seed is going to grow into a keeper mother and they are selling seeds from anywhere to like 10-20 bucks a piece. It's insane. I could get fully formed rooted clones down at the collective for 10 bucks. They have everything too. Purple Urkle, Purple Kush, hell, even Malawi Gold! Clones is the way to go. I only popped some regular seeds because the collective doesn't sell Chem Dog clones so I'm trying to get a Chem Dog mother going because I love me some Chem Dog. If you're going to take the time to grow a plant grow OG Kush or Chem Dog.

Well said Growing...very well said.

Clones improve your chances of success so much it isn't funny. I remember when every bag had seeds in it and now, I haven't seen a seed in years. Paying $10 for one seed seems criminal.

Just as well, I'd rather get off on the right foot with females than to take a chance on seeds regardless of how good my growing conditions are. There is only so much you can do.

The allure of starting from seeds isn't lost on me but...just like I've taught 1000's of people in golf.....why not make it easy on your self with the right tools upfront rather than trying to muddle through making it harder? (budget and availability constraints not withstanding!) :slide:

:peacetwo:

RD,
Well sounds like a good start.I start all my beans an clones under flos then to a 400MH then to flower room.Well my humidity is 30% an less lots of ventalation an temp control.It's all a learning process been doing it indoors 10 yrs now out side b4 my crash since late 70's.Well always try to help new peps as i was 1 at 1 time.Well good luck with the grow an remember u really never stop learning.stay safe an grow on.
Godspeed,
DnR

Yesterday I bought this clone dome and tray combo called "Root Riot" It is used for rooting clones and I am also going to use it to sprout some seeds once I get a little heating mat to put under it. I am also thinking about what light is the best to use on seedlings. Right now I'm using a couple CFLS and a 4x T5 that is 4ft long. I heard when you germ the seeds in order to get more females you run the seedlings under 12/12 until they start showing sex, taking care to not force them into flowering once they start showing sex. Once again, this is what I have heard to increase the percentages of females to males. I placed an order for Chem #4 x SFV OG and Chem # 3 x SFV OG. If I get some females out of those and a decent mother that clone dome will come in handy. I really want to grow some Chem's sister or just straight chem Dog but the seeds and clones are really hard to get around here. The dispenseries use the Chem Dog as their ace in the hole to make money and do not sell the clones. They get mad if you even look at their Chem Dog clones. On the bright side I am getting some OG Kush clones...probably Reserva Prevada but who knows. I'm growing some headband right now and would love to hit the headband with some Chem Dog pollen. Hope that all made sense. I smoked a fat hooter of blackberry and OG Kush mixxed together. Woo happy 2011!

These are white widow strains. The pics I took were about a week after the first initial sprout. My brother bought me for christmas a few chemicals but the one I was wanting to try was foxfarm Grow Big " 6-4-4" what ever that means. Ive got gallon distilled water so Im wondering how much I should add to a gallon at the size they are or is it to early to use this stuff? Btw Im using fox farm soil.

And thanks for all the nice comments, I feel a little more at ease that i wasnt gonna get flamed for messing up my first go around.

the second set I did i burried the seeds about 3/4 of an inch becuase the first batch I was having issues watering them with out dusturbing the root/seed. They are taking twice as long to pop up but they seem to slowly rise and they look even more promising since I didnt char them.
I got yoyos so its very easy for me to move the cooltube up a little like some one suggested earlier. Btw will this forum ever let me upload pics? Or must I keep using imageshack?

Just bought a gallon of OnA pro Man it works the real test if the girlfriend smells it :) she is hot to I dont wanna lose her Ill be back with my small review

Btw will this forum ever let me upload pics? Or must I keep using imageshack?

You should be able to load images. Go to the tab marked gallery and then you'll see a option in the upper right hand of the header bar to upload photo. It's pretty simple.

Gallery1.JPG

Gallery2.JPG

Then when you want to add a photo to a post, click on the camera icon and a window will pop up with your gallery photos
gallery3.JPG

A little hint, unless you close the pop up window it will stay open. This is pretty handy, but sometimes I forget its running down on the task bar.

Hope that helps.

Back
Top Bottom