New guy in town

Brutalbonez13

Hey there fellow cannifans.

I am wrapping up my first grow. I have purple cheese, Royal Bluematic, and AK-47.
I'm using a 4x4x6 grow tent with HPS and MH bulbs, 600 watt balast. I went the deep water culture route. I use general hydroponics nutes, PUR filtered water.

I'm not quite sure how much time I have left on the grow or when I should flush them.

Any who, any advise or tips are certainly welcome!!

20160402_085432.jpg
20160402_085414.jpg
20160402_085408.jpg
20160402_085403.jpg

Thanks for the reply!!

They are auto, but as soon as they started flowering i switched to the correct bulb and 12/12.
I switched on March 18th, so it has been about 2 weeks. I have been waiting for them to change color as they are of a purple/blue strain. I cant seem to get the temp below 66 degrees at night though.

I think next time I'm going to get regular fem seeds.

Since you're in dwc and only flowering 2 weeks, I feel pretty confident in guessing at least 4 more weeks, likely a little more. I haven't grown those exact strains so I can't say how long they run. If you'll click the triangle at the bottom of your post, and ask a Moderator to move this to the faq forum you'll likely find someone who has grown them in dwc and can give you a better idea of time left.

Plenty of time left for those girls. Since they are autos, no need for 12/12, but it might help them finish a little sooner (and maybe lower yield).

Should I change the light schedule?

Dealer's choice. Since you already have them under 12/12, I'd leave it that way. I have no experience with autos so I'd hate to mess with the schedule in case it could hermie them or ???

I didn't find alot of literature on autoflowering strains when I did my research unfortunately. So I guess I'll just ride this one out. Next grow will definitely be regular seeds.

Do you start autos on 18/6 everything ive read is that. Im newbie ordered some autos was going to try them instead on first grow. Thank you

Sent from my SCH-R530X using 420

I started them on 18/6 with a MH bulb, then switched to 12/12 with a HPS at first sign of flowering. Some were tall but did not auto, but the change in light and photo period made then flower.

While in not an expert, my girls a big healthy and happy.

Hey guys. Autoflowering plants can be left on 18/6 light cycle for the entire grow, that is the beauty of autos, no changing lighting cycles and shorter seed to harvest time. Depending on strains (not sure about the ones you have) they can take anywhere from 60-95 days from seed with indica dominants being shorter time frame and sativa dominants taking longer time frame.
I wouldn't go changing the light cycle now either since you've already switched to 12/12, this would just stress and confuse the plant. You definitely have at least 4 weeks left like rifleman said since they've only been flowering for 2 weeks, but could be up to 6 or even 7 more weeks depending on the strains estimated flowering time.
Also, how long did you wait after seeing first signs of flowering to switch over to 12/12 light? I have heard of some autos not flowering by themselves before but sometimes it can take a little longer than normal.
Hope some if this info helps, just trying to bring in some of my knowledge to help people out since so many nice people on this forum have been helping me as well. Its like a big family here! Best of luck

Thank you for all the info!!

I waited about 2 days after I first saw flowering on most of the plants.

They seem to be doing really well, except one of them is starting to yellow in the larger leaves (I already trimmed off the very large ones)

Here is a good thread on auto flowers for ya to check out Autoflower Myth Busting Thread

All this fella grows is autos, lots of good info in here

Lower leaves will generally start to yellow as the plant matures and sucks remaining nutrients from the lower big fan leaves. I see you said the pistils are starting to change color. A plant in flowering normally takes at least 6 weeks to mature to harvest point. The buds are looking nice but is hard to see certain colors with the lighting. Are the majority of your leaves yellowing or just the lower ones? This may not be a nitrogen issue but hopefully someone else can chime in with some more info for you.

All of the leaves on one plant, and lowers on the rest of the plants. I believe the one that is all yellow had stem rot, but I corrected it. My guess is that it's not getting enough nutrients due to its past sickness.

All of the leaves on one plant, and lowers on the rest of the plants. I believe the one that is all yellow had stem rot, but I corrected it. My guess is that it's not getting enough nutrients due to its past sickness.

That could very well be the case. In order for someone to really help we would need to know more about your grow setup and what you're using. Can you try to provide us with as much information as possible? Possibly some day light pictures that would be easier to see whats going on? Thanks

I'll try and upload some pics later. I'm using 2 4 gallon bins with snap on lids, 2 air pumps,
Ventech 6in 440cfm inline duct fan with carbon scrubber, 6in ventech intake fan. Apollo horticulture 4x4x6 grow tent.
Vivosun 600 watt balast with wing hood. Running 400 watts (600 gets too hot).
HPS bulb 12/12

Back
Top Bottom