Floating your seed to get to sprout

Canachris

Saw a video on YouTube about leaving your seeds floating. Just put them in a dark spot and forget about em for 36-24 hrs. Tried it and it worked, now I do use a new England patriots glass and... but anyhoo it works 36 hrs and a tap root showing, zoom in on the seed an you can see it

20230309_121505.jpg

20230309_121443.jpg

No it's one of my new seeds. but I have five seeds from 2016 seed floating in a glass. It's about 38 hrs and no sprout yet. I just wanted to see if it worked, ya never know with YouTube vids

i saw a video also and i started floating my seeds instead of sinking them and so far i am 36 for 36 successful - sometimes it takes 3 days to get the tails an inch or two long - my last seeds were about 2 years old

Right. Seeds don't need to sink to be viable. In fact, I prefer that they don't. In nature, seeds don't sprout at the bottom of a deep puddle but rather in a moist environment with plenty of air like leaf duff or airy soil.

If they do sink, I will pour ot some of the water so they are closer to the air. That way they have access to all the moisture they need from below, and all the oxygen they need from above.

Back
Top Bottom