Flooming

Very interesting. Plan on using a 18 gal res for 2 plants. 1) Would the res temp increase be as severe if the venturi pump was outside the res ? 2) If you put a "Y" fitting on the discharge of the venturi pump, with one arm of the "Y" pointed up for flooming effect and the venturi nozzle on the other arm pointed horizontally for recirc/oxygen purposes, is there a benefit ? 3) "Venting" the res...mount a short piece of PVC with a "U" bend at the top to your res. No light, good venting.

I think for a single plant or single tub grow this is a great idea if you can keep the water cool enough. Though I think I saw mention of cooling water isn't required so much with a venturi pump?

That being said, I don't see buying 4 pumps for a 4 plant rdwc grow as something I would do. But that's because I run a chiller, a 396 gph pump recirculating the system and a big ass air pump with 6" cylindrical air stones that are just nutso good. I always have a a backup pump, a backup air pump, and backup airstones $3 each.

Further "clogging" up the issue in my thoughts are roots. I get massive root balls in my 5 gallon buckets. Last grow one of them was shaped all the way out to the walls of the bucket right from the top of the water. My initial thought is big root balls will clog up the pump(s) real easy.

But it's an interesting concept no doubt.

Thanks for the info, Bassman !! There are sooo many tricks, tips, and techniques on this site that it's hard to keep track and pull the trigger on the one that will fit me. I'm positive that whatever method I pick will change, I don't know, a hundred times ??

Back
Top Bottom