Flowering nutes

Canachris

Hello all, I've had these fox farms high strength newtz. I have used them in the past with good results. I have been told in the past that they are not supposed to be used as stand alone nutrients. Any thoughts or opinions about this, on the label it shows the amounts to add to use as stand alone. Just trying clear my confusion

20221226_072046.jpg

I am not sure what info or opinion you are looking for but the Fox Farm line is one of the oldest in the modern Cannabis growing world. And, they throw their support behind their products whether the user calls or eMails them.

The back of the bottles does show the dosage when no other nutrients are going to be used. It also shows the suggested reduced dosage if the grower is using the rest of the Fox Farm line or is using any other fertilizing program.

The products are strong so it is best to be careful and follow the companies suggested dose. The suggested measuring is in fractions of teaspoons and my thoughts are to get a set of teaspoons which includes the 1/4 and 1/2 teaspoon. Do that instead of grabbing a teaspoon from the silverware drawer. The products are dry and granular so be sure to measure to a leveling off of the teaspoon or 1/4 or half teaspoon. No heaping pile of fertilizer when measuring; level it off.

Another way to look at using these finishers is that there is a lot less room for overdose errors especially since the grower will be using them when the plant has entered into flowering. If a problem shows up while in the vegetating stage the grower can hold off putting his or her plants into flower till the issue is fixed; not as easy to do that once flowering starts.

I am not sure what info or opinion you are looking for but the Fox Farm line is one of the oldest in the modern Cannabis growing world. And, they throw their support behind their products whether the user calls or eMails them.

The back of the bottles does show the dosage when no other nutrients are going to be used. It also shows the suggested reduced dosage if the grower is using the rest of the Fox Farm line or is using any other fertilizing program.

The products are strong so it is best to be careful and follow the companies suggested dose. The suggested measuring is in fractions of teaspoons and my thoughts are to get a set of teaspoons which includes the 1/4 and 1/2 teaspoon. Do that instead of grabbing a teaspoon from the silverware drawer. The products are dry and granular so be sure to measure to a leveling off of the teaspoon or 1/4 or half teaspoon. No heaping pile of fertilizer when measuring; level it off.

Another way to look at using these finishers is that there is a lot less room for overdose errors especially since the grower will be using them when the plant has entered into flowering. If a problem shows up while in the vegetating stage the grower can hold off putting his or her plants into flower till the issue is fixed; not as easy to do that once flowering starts.
Thank you, I have used these products in the past as stand alone with good results. But about 3 years ago I had a discussion with some folks on here, I forget who. and they were adamant that these products were made as supplemental nutes not to be used alone but with other nutes. They were very good growers, so I took their advice. but no more, so next watering my girl gets some open sesame.

I have used these products in the past as stand alone with good results.
As long as it works for you then continue to use them as you have been. I was unable to find any discussion in a thread about them that you took part in. You did bring the Fox Farm up these Fox Farm 'finishers' in some "profile posts" which included some photos of healthy looking plants so maybe you were in a private discussion with some members.

These days I recommend using the three shown in the photo as part of a schedule which includes the basic trio from Fox Farm. Reason being that the combination of all of them would contain a better mix of the secondary and micro nutrients.

But if using them as a stand alone has worked before and still works for you then 'go for it'.:).

Thanks smoke, the more I try and recall, it may have been when I was growing under MH/HPS lights. And that was like 8 or 9 years ago. But anyhoo with a little help from mother nature giving me these warm spells every couple of weeks I just may be able to grow some nice buds

Back
Top Bottom