Flowering stage - monitor light question

Grower10

I have my plants in my room, my set up is so that during flowering stage, my plants are covered with some black/blue sheets that block out the light. I am just wondering- I have my monitor on outside of the sheets- which should block out the light, but in the case that a little light should penetrate... is the light from my monitor enough to mess up the flowering cycles even when the plants are covered with sheets?

I appreciate your help!

Re: Flowering stage- monitor light question

If your sheets are thick and/or layered you should be fine. Monitor light could cause a problem, however if you're blocking it correctly you should be fine. Try facing the monitor in an opposite direction if possible.

DSCN07606.JPG

View image in gallery

Thanks for the response JJ Bones. I have included pictures of the monitor- its relation to the plants (perpendicular) and the sheets I'm using, as you can see I have 3 layers of sheets, they arn't too thick but it is hard for me to imagine a monitor light getting through- and if it did I imagine it couldn't be more than moonlight? Let me know what you think

I also have some pictures of my plants since I assume we all like looking at weed. Also if you notice one of the plants that I took a close up of in the corner is dwarfed by the other plants. I got the plants as clones as that one was depressing looking even when I first got it, I was wondering if there is anything I should do to help it. And I read somewhere online that if you flower plants under 1 foot tall( its only 10") then there is a chance it will have sex problems- becoming a male or hermaphrodite, what's the truth in this?

This is my first time growing so I appreciate any comments/help you can throw my way. Thanks guys

I took 4 clones off of my 4' plant which was starting to flower. All 8"-10" tall. Lights were on 12/12 so after rooting they begin to flower. they ended up being 14"-16" plants with one 6"-8" bud on each one. No hermi`s. Not saying this always happens, just my experience.

Peace & Great Growing
YR

some of the smallest light leake reak the most vicious results.
if it were me and i spent a load of time on this, id certainly make something that would ensure my success with light and blocking 100% of it.
that being said, light and the right amount at the right time can produce some spectacular results! ever heard of female seeds. better yet female pollen? im no expert but i can duplicate the process at will now.
everythings a learning aspect. you can never know enough!
light is very bad in flowering phase.
hope your grow turns out fantastic! the love you give them will show in the end result!
promise

jes girl. most pollen from a female plant in the flowering stage will produce hermies for off spring. no one wants that.
the right light at the proper dosage will produce some cool effects. 2 hrs of light during lights out, the light is from 4' flo's. daylight bulbs and 15' away from the plants. light is from seedling shelf!
ive done this many times and have had excellent results. 100%

Back
Top Bottom