Flowering stage

Smokingold

I have plants in the flowering stage, my daughter comes home for the weekend. She has a night light on in the dark cycle. Now I want to know, if everything I have worked for is shot? Or is there still hope?
You could say it would be like moon light, but these are plants they don't have this kind of logic.
It was only one night, I don't think if would make that much difference but maybe I'm wrong.
They are maybe two weeks in to flowering.

The amount of time your garden should be exposed to lighting depends on what 'cycle' your garden is in:

The 'Vegetative Cycle' of your garden starts with the sprout of the seedlings and can be continued indefinitely. In the veg cycle your garden will require a minimum of 16-18 hours of light and 6-8 hours of darkness daily. Since a given amount of light can only do so much, equal production can be realized in a smaller space with less plants, where the light is concentrated and the plants can grow more efficiently. Using more light helps additional co2 uptake. Since a plant can be kept in the 'Veg cycle' indefinately, many growers cultivate 'Mother' plants. This plant is used for clone starts and never produces buds, only new growth.

'Flower Cycle' or 'Bud cycle' is typically equal amounts of light and dark, 12 hours on, 12 hours off or 12/12. This produces a change in the plants metabolism simulating Fall, shorter days....less light. This is the cycle that the plants will show their sex. Usually, you'll be able to determine the sex within the first 2 weeks of 12/12. By the 3rd week most plants have developed healthy bud sites or pollen sacks. The plants will continue on the 12/12 cycle until harvest.

And, You dont need to worry If it happened for only one night.

Is it possible to change the location ?

No need to move them, she had a message from a friend the that freaked her out so she slept in the living room lol
I did how ever find one male plant, lucky I did, it would have been only a matter of days and everything would have been for nothing.
My biggest concern was, because every where I read that they should be in total darkness and she had turned on a night light.
I try to keep it totally dark in the sleep cycle, so far I have been lucky.

I did how ever find one male plant, lucky I did, it would have been only a matter of days and everything would have been for nothing.

It would have wrecked it for smoking if your ladies had been fully seeded... but that is not to say it would have been for nothing. Beans are like gold these days (ridiculous) and the plant material could be made into many useful and even smokeable things. You can segregate the male and then selectively seed one or two buds of your favorite females for seed. You can save the pollen too and future ladies can be seeded for hybrids, just say'in

Thanks for the info that's good to know for next time, I am looking into get a license to grow medicinal marijuana in the future.

Back
Top Bottom