Re: VEGGING Light-Cycle..!?

What type of lights are you guys vegging with? 1000 watt MH? I moved to T-5 8 bulb X 4 ft fixtures a long time ago. Plants LOVE then, and do you really know anything about kilowatt hours and carbon footprints for real. I mean other than the stuff that makes you feel good? Do you think they turn the generators down on the grid because you turn off a light for an hour? No, actually they are running to accomadate for peak use at any given time. If you know anything about electricity and its production (I actually have wind generators and solar panels, grid tie inverters, etc) It takes hours to get a generator up to speed and to sync onto the grid, it has to be perfectly matched before it can be connected to the grid. The concept that you can preserve energy by swithing off a light for a couple hours is laughable. They have to be ready for you to turn it back on.

If you want to reduce your carbon footprint, grow outdoors, or produce your own power. And that is debatable too. The production of solar panels is such a nasty business mostly done in China with no regulation. Also if you know the laws of thermodynamics you cannot produce more energy than u have used to create the machines to make power. We lose the energy in the form of heat. Green Energy is a joke, there is no such thing. No go ahead and hate me, I can take it. YOU hav e a huge carbon footprint, as we all do. I dont want to go back living in a tee pee with no AC either. And damn what about my iphone? Could I really live without it????

What type of lights are you guys vegging with? 1000 watt MH? I moved to T-5 8 bulb X 4 ft fixtures a long time ago.

125w 6400k CFL for veg :thumb:

001811.JPG
002847.JPG
007770.JPG

Does my little 60cm by 60cm veg tent just fine.

Damn that thing cant use much energy at all. Turning a bulb off and on does more damage to the bulb than anything else. I thought u guys we growing some serious amounts, but I suppose not everyone does that. What are you doing for Flowering? LED s? Im still stuck on HPS though considering eventually going to Sulpher Plasma, still a little cost prohibitive. I would love to grow outdoors, but Im in a state that frowns on such things, better out of site and out of their mind....I am perplexed by one thing though growing such small amounts (if its illegal in your state) doesnt make muck sense to me. I mean its kind of like robbing a bank for 10.00. Might as well take a million, its the same crime.....

..I am perplexed by one thing though growing such small amounts (if its illegal in your state) doesnt make muck sense to me. I mean its kind of like robbing a bank for 10.00. Might as well take a million, its the same crime.....
That depends on the state. In most states growing 1-5 or 10 plants has lesser laws than growing more. If you cross the 99 plant threshold it is an automatic federal case and you WILL get at least 5 years no questions ask.

I would imagine anyone growing with CFL s in their closet must have a reason. Like hiding from Mom or the Law. No wonder these type growers are so quick to try new things so readily. " Everytime I put the seed in the ground, The Sheriff he come and pull it out" Bob Marley said it all. I would suggest that if you are growing with good results, dont fix what aint broke. You couldnt pay me to change my light cycles, well you could, but it would be a LOT....and then I would just go right back to doing what works. If you arent willing to do any time for growing in an unfriendly state, then i suggest you dont grow it at all.

Damn that thing cant use much energy at all. Turning a bulb off and on does more damage to the bulb than anything else. I thought u guys we growing some serious amounts, but I suppose not everyone does that. What are you doing for Flowering? LED s? Im still stuck on HPS though considering eventually going to Sulpher Plasma, still a little cost prohibitive. I would love to grow outdoors, but Im in a state that frowns on such things, better out of site and out of their mind....I am perplexed by one thing though growing such small amounts (if its illegal in your state) doesnt make muck sense to me. I mean its kind of like robbing a bank for 10.00. Might as well take a million, its the same crime.....

I am really interested in the sulphur plasma lights too, seems that in time they may be the future to indoor growing. Right now they lack the correct spectrum to be of benefit over current options lacking in blues and reds but I definitely think once they improve on them they will be very good :)

My private grow is running under a 400watt MH and a few clamp lights with T-5 supplementation. I bloom under a 400watt HPS and a 250watt MH. (The plants are moved on a swivle to make sure an even amount of each HPS & MH are utilized.) I do this mainly because I grow Indica strains that i'd rather have slightly longer node-spacing and the MH helps with that. It also helps with specific sugar-productions (IMHO) and other "connoisseur" type aroma's & tastes. Besides, my private grow isn't meant to be huge.

Fuzzy-Duck: I meant "off" as in "any other cycle then the normal 12-12 cycle.", hahha! Def appreciate the info! and no, I haven't seen the christmas light herbs yet....gonna have to check it out though.....Heres a pic of my pretty lady!
greener_pics_003.JPG

hiya, I like the sound of the gas lamp routine, would I be able to use this routine when I flower my plants? as I havnt done this whilst there in veg, there currently in veg under cfl on 24/7 there doing good atm :)

hiya, I like the sound of the gas lamp routine, would I be able to use this routine when I flower my plants? as I havnt done this whilst there in veg, there currently in veg under cfl on 24/7 there doing good atm

hiya, I like the sound of the gas lamp routine, would I be able to use this routine when I flower my plants? as I havnt done this whilst there in veg, there currently in veg under cfl on 24/7 there doing good atm :)

Gas Lantern Routine is for VEG ONLY....

when your are ready to flower...12/12 is the light schedule..

Let's see, I started a grow around 3 months ago and I'm thinking about switching back to 24/0 light period because I've noticed a decrease in veg growth. I've been on 18/6 for about a month now. Thoughts??

There months of veg, are you trying to grow a tree? Can you link to your grow journal please?

There may be other things going on like a lack of light or poor nutrients.

The GLR works great and I use it for all plants in veg minus my mothers. I used it on my mothers for nearly a year and noticed that after 5 to 6 months it would start getting harder for clones to root out and they would often attempt to flower randomly. This is the good thing about the GLR. Once you remove the hour in the middle, they are flowering within a week.

There months of veg, are you trying to grow a tree? Can you link to your grow journal please?

There may be other things going on like a lack of light or poor nutrients.

The GLR works great and I use it for all plants in veg minus my mothers. I used it on my mothers for nearly a year and noticed that after 5 to 6 months it would start getting harder for clones to root out and they would often attempt to flower randomly. This is the good thing about the GLR. Once you remove the hour in the middle, they are flowering within a week.

I noticed the exact same thing.... GLR is amazing for veg, but for mothers it does tend to lead to weird things happening like random flowering, trichomes forming on shade leaves in veg, and other things... but for just regular veg 2-3 months or so, its amazing!

Good to see I wasn't the only one with mothers acting out of sort under GLR :)

A question here so i dont need to open new thread. Am planing on using 600w hps for veg and flowering period. As for veg period would 600W hps work with 12h on and 12h off. i would have tree plants from the beginning, and i don't know if i should spend money on MH light for veg period. Thanks every one.

I've been running a 18/6 for seedlings, they are 2 weeks today, would it hurt to change to GLR schedule now? When should I move them under the MH 400 watter?

Back
Top Bottom