Will heater light interfere with flower cycle?

928hygro

OK I was wondering if anyone knows if the red lights from the heater will affect cycle for flowering.? With that said, it's the light that comes from a heater when it gets hot...During my dark cycle to keep the temp. Up in the room. . Thx

I think it could certainly cause stress induced hermies. U will never find out if your carefull.

Try pointing the fan away from the plants.
Then sit in there on the other side of the room in the dark for 10 min.
If u can see light u could be in trouble.

I have a small space heater I point away from the plants ( don't wanna dry out pots either)

Bet bet is total darkness, although u can get away with a TINY amount of light leak in my experience.

2cents

I think it could certainly cause stress induced hermies. U will never find out if your carefull.

Try pointing the fan away from the plants.
Then sit in there on the other side of the room in the dark for 10 min.
If u can see light u could be in trouble.

I have a small space heater I point away from the plants ( don't wanna dry out pots either)

Bet bet is total darkness, although u can get away with a TINY amount of light leak in my experience.

2cents

Thx alot that's what I was thinking just needed to hear from someone else... I moved the heater out and replaced it with another one that doesn't give out to much light... I think it will be fine in the veg room... thx again for the feed back...

U got it, u wanna be safe over sorry here, when u put ur all into a crop and wait and it hermies it's terrible, I've been there.
If u can get ZERO light leaks u may never feel the pain... But like I said I have gotten away with TINY light leaks, but come on, why bother. It's way easier to seal a room than grow a crop

If a little light was such a problem....at the little intensity you are concerned with.....I would have to look to nature and consider if the stars and moon are such a problem for outdoor growers.
No.
I would be more concerned with a fire hazard than with light....

You could always shield it with a non combustible shield like a sheet of aluminum or something.
You are concerned with heating the air so shielding it should not be an issue.

Peace.

If a little light was such a problem....at the little intensity you are concerned with.....I would have to look to nature and consider if the stars and moon are such a problem for outdoor growers.
No.
I would be more concerned with a fire hazard than with light....

You could always shield it with a non combustible shield like a sheet of aluminum or something.
You are concerned with heating the air so shielding it should not be an issue.

Peace.

With all due respect may I ask you how many indoor grows u have under your belt?
With all the potential pitfalls and hazards inherent in growing indoors you won't find any seasoned growers that would allow even the smallest of light leak in their flower room. I learned the hard way myself. It's really not that fun to get hermies. And it can happen so fast... For me it was everything is fine fine fine... There is a banana... Too late the whole crop went to seed. That won't happen to me again because of my selection of fine genetics and dark proofing of my room in addition to environmental controls.

Fire Hazard was never a concern, just the light that came off the space heater when it was warming the room... This is my first grow but I think I have done my research to know a indoor grower doesn't any light in there room if possible... I would never seal the room as much as I did if I wasn't worried about light leak... As a new indoor grower I want total darkness so I don't have to worry about any problems... I feel the moon and stars give out a different spectrum of light... But That I don't know so why even risk it...

No way a heater element gives off more lumens than the stars and moon, sorry. I can navigate through the forest at night using only the moon and stars....never happen with a heater element.
Fire hazard comment was a word of caution...space heaters are dangerous, I know it was not your initial concern.

For the record, there are many reasons that a plant can go hermie....stress, genetics......a little light coming off of a heater filament probably not.

The brightest full moon is 500,000 times less bright than the midday sun. While it may appear bright to our eyes it has way less lumens than a small light source close by our plants so I can fully believe a small light source close to our plants can cause enough strees to hermie while the full moon 250,000 miles away does not. The stars don't come into the equation since they provide practically zero lumens and are barely visible to the naked eye.

My second indoor grow during winter I had 2 plants adjacent to the red light of my oil filled elec radiator heater....Those 2 went hermie

The other 6 never an issue.

The only light source was the damn red light....

I now have large black plastic flap taped over the light.

My second indoor grow during winter I had 2 plants adjacent to the red light of my oil filled elec radiator heater....Those 2 went hermie

The other 6 never an issue.

The only light source was the damn red light....

I now have large black plastic flap taped over the light.

Heady, i have a pelonis oil radiator heater. 2 bright LED's. my friend took his apart and disabled LED's. does the taped flap work? Fire hazard at all?

Thanks Man

Back
Top Bottom