What kind of 400 watt bulb is best for vegging?

I am an LED grower... but it is getting cold!!!! I need a heater so why not heat with light? So my plan is to get a 400 watt light for veg and see if I can just get the temps up with a nice hot ballast! :cheesygrinsmiley:

So what do you feel is the best bulb for veg?

Thanks in advance

LED folks,

I am not bailing on LED by any means the two veg panels will go into "the room", I just need heat! and would rather get the heat from light than an energy sucking heater :allgood:

Could always use an oil filled radiater with an in built thermostate & stick it on a timer might be cheaper to run than a MH bulb !

I know you can get domestic oil filled radiaters but they varie in wattage per hour... also seen bar oil filled radiaters for green house's.

Thanks Folks ... MH it is

Thanks again

I highly suggest the Ceramic Metal Halides by phillips...best 400w bulb you can buy for 60$, just make sure that you get a horizontal bulb if the position will be horizontal or a vertical bulb if your bulb will be horizontal, for other bulbs it doesn't matter but for CMH it does. Better red end than a HPS and better blue than almost all the bulbs on the market besides the eye hortilux blue.

I am an LED grower... but it is getting cold!!!! I need a heater so why not heat with light? So my plan is to get a 400 watt light for veg and see if I can just get the temps up with a nice hot ballast! :cheesygrinsmiley:

So what do you feel is the best bulb for veg?

Thanks in advance

LED folks,

I am not bailing on LED by any means the two veg panels will go into "the room", I just need heat! and would rather get the heat from light than an energy sucking heater :allgood:

IDK know how long this post was made but I've been reading about LED and your plants will go into major shock if you go from HID to LED. Just giving a heads up BuckShot!

Back
Top Bottom