flowering time perspective

LochGee

when people say "my plant is week # into flowering", do people usually start count from first day of 12/12 flip? or do they wait till plant has shot its first pistil?

when people say "my plant is week # into flowering", do people usually start count from first day of 12/12 flip? or do they wait till plant has shot its first pistil?

Really good question, LochGee! :nicethread:

I would think that everyone has their own convention, and some people would give it from the first pistil, others from 12/12, and perhaps others from different times too.

In my opinion, flowering time should be quoted from when lights are flipped to 12/12. There is however a problem when plants are put into 12/12 before they have reached sexual maturity... So that's a tough one... :lot-o-toke:

This being my first its all I have to go on but I didnt switch to 12/12 till I saw a couple very tiny white hairs. From what I have learned here, it still takes the plant time to switch into actual flowering so I dont really count the first few days of 12/12 in my flowering time.

I always count from the day when I see flower forming. Otherwise it doesn't realky make sense, cause from flip to first pistils you can wait from 1 day to 4 weeks :)

Back
Top Bottom