When does flowering start?

At 8 weeks of 12/12 she should be almost done if not done. We need image so we can grasp where she is at.
No strain is done in 8 weeks from flip. Pre flower + 8 weeks is bare minimum IMO for indica dom.

Need pictures to give a proper answer. Weeks means very little with so many variables about growing. It's better to learn how to read the plant and study how a fully formed flower cluster supposed to look like? Then look at the trichomes for clarification.

LoL...happy belated b'day. I'm a triche follower so I use a small cheap Chinese made microscope that connects to a laptop to actually zoom in and get a good look at how the triches are developing. Jeweler loops don't seem to be powerful enough for me.
thanks, I use a canon 77D with a 100 mm L macro lens, overkill but works :)

No strain is done in 8 weeks from flip. Pre flower + 8 weeks is bare minimum IMO for indica dom.

Need pictures to give a proper answer. Weeks means very little with so many variables about growing. It's better to learn how to read the plant and study how a fully formed flower cluster supposed to look like? Then look at the trichomes for clarification.
Just an example nothing more.
Capture.PNG

Just an example nothing more.
Capture.PNG
Breeders advertised weeks means very little if anything. It's plain marketing. A plant is mature when fully ripe and done and phenotypical variations alters flowering time.

It's like saying two sisters born 5 years apart from the same parents matures at exactly the same time? It doesn't work like that in nature with genetics and their variations.

At 8 weeks of 12/12 she should be almost done if not done. We need image so we can grasp where she is at.

Hey bean im having similar situation with one of my outdoor photoperiods currently growing 2 strains the 3 west coast diesels im growing all in 2 weeks of flower and to be honest cant say forsure if this other strain which is a peanutbutter-haze im growing is even in pre flower.

If i got you a couple photos would you be able to give some insight and a opinion on the matter?

This is a oldish threat i know, but upon a quick flick through it i didnt see anyone mentioned the answer ? ( Sorry if you did )

I always count Day 1 Flower from first sign of white hairs. I have asked several seed companies about this, and this is the proper time to count as Day 1. Switching to 12/12 is simply initiating the process of flower. This applies to many plants/trees btw... I used to work on a Nectarine Farm, When pre flowers started to open up this was considered first day of fruiting.. Just because it was " First Day Of Spring " Does not mean we are in Day 1 of fruiting or flower lol.

This is a oldish threat i know, but upon a quick flick through it i didnt see anyone mentioned the answer ? ( Sorry if you did )

I always count Day 1 Flower from first sign of white hairs. I have asked several seed companies about this, and this is the proper time to count as Day 1. Switching to 12/12 is simply initiating the process of flower. This applies to many plants/trees btw... I used to work on a Nectarine Farm, When pre flowers started to open up this was considered first day of fruiting.. Just because it was " First Day Of Spring " Does not mean we are in Day 1 of fruiting or flower lol.
First day of flower starts as you described: when you observe pistils forming at each calyx. Some strains take 3-4 days to show...others take 5 to 7 days to show. Look for signs of pistil growth and start counting.

Back
Top Bottom