When does flowering start?

The flowers will begin to bleach and fade if you go much longer she is starved and it's to late to reverse that. The cloudy trich thing really only applies to photo plants which can flower much longer autos finish in 7 to 10 weeks flat regardless of anything else. So regardless of how they look at 90 days of growth there at the end of life for the most part.
these are NOT autos

Again wrong the plants has stopped taking up nutrients she is done growing.
ZIGZAG beat this
the angle and position of the shot will make those clear trichs appear white. I circled ( in red) the one and only ripe calyx. The blue circles indicate immaturity. This is for educational purposes. Not a dick waving contest. You keep showing me yours and I’ll cut it off and show you the other end of It.
IMG_0468.jpeg

I'm in my 8th week since I flipped to 12/12. The strain is supposed to flower for 7-9 weeks.
Seven to nine weeks minimum. It is not a hard and fast rule that the plant is done and ready for harvest when that count is reached.

I start the count when I put the plant into the flowering tent. I write the date down on a piece of blue masking tape which is stuck to the side of the pot. I then allow one week for the showing of the signs that actual flowering has begun; especially things like the development of stigma/pistils.

Some people enjoy the effects of their flowers when it is harvested at about the 8th week after the first stigma/pistils show. These effects might be more of what you experienced when first starting to smoke with friends or relatives; it is often called stronger high.

And some like to wait a few more weeks for a more sedated effect which is called "couch-lock"; that effect that sometimes results in a smoker just sitting back and so relaxed that they don't get off the couch.

By the way, look at the calendar when figuring out how many weeks from the start of pistils till the targeted harvest day. Do not assume that if the plant started showing pistils on July 1st that the target of 8 weeks will be on Sept 1st.

I count the days between flip and flower as transition days. I start counting flower days when buds appear. Looking at your pics, I'd wait at least two more weeks. I still see a lot of white stigmas, I like to see them turn brown and crinkle back in before I even check trichomes.

First time photo period grower.... I am growing Northern Light plants. Do you count the flip as the start of flowering or should I have watched for Pistils. I'm in my 8th week since I flipped to 12/12. The strain is supposed to flower for 7-9 weeks. It still has mostly white pistils although starting to turn red/brown on some. Sorry for the stupid question.... thanks
I think your calculation about when to declare flower is wrong. You should go back and look at pix you took to figure out when you noticed pistils forming at each growth node. That should be your first day of flower and it could be 1 to 2 weeks less than you think.

My plant is exactly half way through flower at 32 days and 15 weeks from seed and she looks similar to yours.

That's Skywalker OG under a Mars Hydro TSW3000, in a 10 gallon pot of organic living soil.

I focus on triches in about 2 weeks looking for 100% milky and 20% amber...for me, thats the time to chop.

Good luck with your plants, they look great!

20230807_174051.jpg

Clipped_image_20230807_165308.png

I think your calculation about when to declare flower is wrong. You should go back and look at pix you took to figure out when you noticed pistils forming at each growth node. That should be your first day of flower and it could be 1 to 2 weeks less than you think.

My plant is exactly half way through flower at 32 days and 15 weeks from seed and she looks similar to yours.

That's Skywalker OG under a Mars Hydro TSW3000, in a 10 gallon pot of organic living soil.

I focus on triches in about 2 weeks looking for 100% milky and 20% amber...for me, thats the time to chop.

Good luck with your plants, they look great!

20230807_174051.jpg

Clipped_image_20230807_165308.png
this was 6/23

20230623_081516.jpg

When you zoom in on that pic it does look like the pistils are beginning to lay down but perhaps the 24th or 25th show greater pistilization and you should declare one of those as day 1 of flower. Definitive pic of a day 1 flower attached.

202301271.jpg
I'll say 6/24 ... my birthday lol. that would make 8/12 7 weeks of flowering

Back
Top Bottom