Fluffy buds

jeb55

Can anyone tell me what makes buds fluffy? I know two people that are growing WW. They both harvested recently with very different results. One had very dense, hard, sticky buds that were some truly fine smoke! Probably the best that I have smoked in the last year or so! The other had fluffy buds that were not very sticky and burned up very quickly in the bowl and the high was really no better than bag weed off the street.

The person that grew the fluffy buds has been growing from clones and this is their fourth harvest. I did not partake of the first two harvests so I am not sure of the results, but I did the third and the fourth. The fourth was the fluffy buds, but the third was much better, part of the buds were semi-dense and they were much more resin coated and produced a fairly good high.

I am currently growing a white strain myself and want to make sure that I get a good harvest. I want to avoid fluffy buds; any insight would be appreciated.

many factors other than genetics dictate bud density.

wattage per square foot on each grow? old bulb vs new? temps? RH? nutes? medium?

summer heat can cause some problems in growrooms that usually perform well at other times of year.

Thanks SnowBender, I assumed that there could be many factors. Like I said, I don't know about the first two grows, but the third was definitely better than the fourth. Clones are from the same mother, same grow tent, same medium, same nutes; everything is the same.

This person is tight with their money and I suspect that they have not changed bulbs trying to save some money. We also had some high temps during that grow. Could those two factors alone be cause and result?

This is my first grow and I am trying to avoid the problem. I am using LED so the bulb situation does not apply to me and I have dealt with our heat problem. I would also like to pass along some info to this person and help them to grow well and not produce a mediocre harvest.

Thanks again for any insight!

Back
Top Bottom