Fluorescent and CFL light advice needed

averagejoe

I plan to have 3 bag seed plants in a 5x2.5x6 room I have a 48inch 2 bulb fixture with 2 40 watt bulbs I was wandering if anybody culd tell me how many cfls I'd need to add to flower them

Welcome joe!

The more the better. Sorry - I can't really give you a number. If I did, it would be like 10.

CFLs need to be VERY close to do a good job. I'd opt for more low-wattage bulbs over fewer bigger ones.
But that's just me (and I don't use CFLs).

I just don't have a lot of money to be spending. Do you have any ideas

I don't have any magic.
Do the best you can with what you have available to you. If that is 2-3 bulbs, you're way better off than 0 or 1.

I can buy some lol just needed an idea of how many I seen on another thread somebody said 2 24watt cfls I think per plant or something like that but ik two 48inch 40watt tube lights ain't gonna work that good

Howdy yall im new to growing and seeking help I am growing indoors and startig from seed I am growing witb cfl and wuld like to know the pros and cons of using mh or hps bulbs and pros and cons of cfls

I'd try for an arrangement something like this:

. o . o . o
o O o O o O o
. o . o . o

o = CFL bulb
O = plant
ignore all the '.'

Howdy yall im new to growing and seeking help I am growing indoors and startig from seed I am growing witb cfl and wuld like to know the pros and cons of using mh or hps bulbs and pros and cons of cfls

You get more light from MH or HPS for less $$$ than with CFLs. You also get more heat.

The light itself with hood and ballast is about $150, depending on brand and size.

It is less if you try to get the same amount of light coverage out of CFLs.
I wasn't recommending it for you. I was trying to answer bobob420's question above.

Back
Top Bottom