Fng

AlloyGT

Hi,

I live in Colorado, and I want to start growing a couple of plants. I can have up to six here, with up to three flowering at once. Looking to get some info, as I am new to growing. I want to start out extremely low budget, and see if I enjoy growing before making any big investment. So for now, I'm thinking 3 gallon pot and a Home Depot grow light!

I've read quite a bit on here already, and think this is definitely where to find info and support.

Hello there. Do you plan on growing up from seed or clone? Depends on where in CO you are there are grow shops here with nice low prices for great soil that will keep the budget down. Soil with nutes will help keep down cost as well. If there's any way I can help just let me know. Do you know What kind of lights you will need for veg and flower?

Thanks for the welcome! I think I'd like to start from a clone, but I still need to see if I can even get one from a retail outlet yet. I've just started researching, and I don't know about any of the grow shops yet. I've also just started to read up on lights. LEDs sound great, but I think I'll be going CFL, at least at first.

Hi Fng,

I would just like to welcome you to the site :) and congratulate you for starting. Everyone I know loves growing and once you get the hang of it you will too. A little more info on your set up would be helpful and don't forget to read the thread on How to Grow Marijuana.

:circle-of-love:

Id recommend a 200 watt cfl to start with since you are on a budget. It will be under 100 for the fixture and bulb on amazon. Led as someone had suggested will simply be to expensive especially if you want to start small. I started with 2 150 watt cfl a 1 600 watt hps/mh combo bulb but I wouldnt recommend going with those energy efficient tiny bulbs that fit into a regular socket. I tried starting at the very beginning with that and it was terrible it was a tiny long stem with puny little leaves.

if your budget is really low go to walmart or what ever you have and get two fixtures they run 10$ ea for two bulb fixtures. use t12 or 8. Bulbs are cheap and can be found just about every where. I still use them in veg and they work great. if your not sure my link you will see my train mother and big buds,flo that i am growing all to be mothers. They are fat and stocky. If I want them taller I raise light foot or two off them if I want short I stay under 10" of them. As far as flower I have not used them but I have read and seen they do fine.

Make sure if you get clones make sure you really look at them close for bugs and crap. I have had two grower friends of mine have had very bad luck with the clone guilty. That is why I am making so many mothers. I got 14 train clones so far.

Yeah using other peoples clones from their garden is a easy way to get a spider mite infestation in your garden. If you go the clone route make sure to check the surface of the leaves as well as underside of the leaf.

Thanks for all of the tips. I'll be hitting a couple of retail outlets this weekend to see if they even sell seeds or clones. If I do end up with clones, I'll be sure to check them out thoroughly.

I'm kind of leaning that way. For a first grow, just to see if I even like growing, do you think I could use a T5 all the way through? I know my yield would not be optimum. But then if I do like it, keep that for vegging and get an LED for flowering.

after finding this site I decided to try indoor growing for as cheap as possible. I made a small grow room out of a large cardboard box lined with tin foil and used CFL bulbs and grew in soil. I did not expect much but to my surprise my first plant came out great and got me incredibly stoned. now im on my 6th plant with the same set up and I have not been disappointed yet. Soooo for a total of about 75 bucks in supplies (pots, nutes , dirt, and lighting supplies) I have grown some great medicine and saved me a bunch of cash by not having to buy it any more. hope this helps you a bit:thumb:

If you are going to spend the money to get an led light then just get a HPS. You can pick up a 600w digital for less than an led. I have heard of people using t5 all the way. But a lot less yield.

Airpots are around 7$ at grow store. That's for 7 gallon. If you need a good grow shop let me know. They will hook you up a lot cheaper then home depot

Thanks, I'm going to try to get over to the grow store this week. I popped into Home Depot over the weekend and looked around. Trying to figure out the least costly way to get started, without having to replace and upgrade everything later.

Back
Top Bottom