Foam Board Light Canopy

Like most things it probably is flammable, but any heat generated by the eight CFL's is instantly wicked away by the top mounted fan. I did cover the inside of the reflective baffle plate over the light with aluminum foil for both light reflection, and a heat buffer in the event the fan failed.

Thanks for the tip. I'll have to look into the foil backed heater ducting material since I'm thinking of building a circular canopy.

freetheweed, I suppose there is a some light loss, although I have to assume, based on the quality of the bud it produces, it's insignificant.

- 420 Magazine Photo Gallery

Hey OMM, actually the improvements can't be seen. I added four 15in21inX1/4in foam panels, velcro'd to each side to extent the skirting for more lower light reflection as the tops grew vertically.

With all that Hawaiian sunshine, this box would be as worthless as tits on me:)

But I am wondering when the fans going to go belly up.....been using it since 2006.

freetheweed, I suppose there is a some light loss, although I have to assume, based on the quality of the bud it produces, it's insignificant.

- 420 Magazine Photo Gallery

Hey OMM, actually the improvements can't be seen. I added four 15in21inX1/4in foam panels, velcro'd to each side to extent the skirting for more lower light reflection as the tops grew vertically.

With all that Hawaiian sunshine, this box would be as worthless as tits on me:)

But I am wondering when the fans going to go belly up.....been using it since 2006.

Yea! I didn't think they were on there! Couldn't see anything then. The original idea was a good one! Sure has worked! :surf: Pray for the fan!

My wife picked up the fan from a Dollar General five years ago for ten bucks...if I remember correctly she wasn't happy at all when I cannabilized the sucker......guess I should write a testimonial to Dollar General:)

Update:

This was the latest plant (shown in the photo above) I harvested, and the 3.4oz yield produced using this light canopy. Not too shabby at all. Produces an excellent, long lasting, euphoric sativa high.

2G16_-_PLNT02_-_101010LASTWATERA.JPG

harvest_210-15-10J.JPG

That is a fantastic grow box! :adore:

I used to work in the commercial photography biz, we used foam core for fill cards and bounce flats every day, it is great stuff. Very lightweight, and it can handle heat. The only problem you might run into is eventually the board will start to yellow, but hopefully that is a long time off, and it might not even matter in this application.

Just an FYI, there is this stuff called Gatorboard, it is a very rigid board, but can be used the same as foam core. Might be a bit more forgiving with spills and drips.

Gatorfoams

Great job, I will keep this in mind when it's time to build a clone box :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom