Freakshow Strain Grow

Mister White

Freakshow is a mutant .
Instead of Cannabis Sativa or Cannabis Indica.
Freakshow is Cannabis Monstra.

I've found limited grow info about this strain so I'm going to be documenting growing it out.

Germinated in Yates seed raising mix in paper solo cups, top dressed with sand .

Currently vegging under 600w metal halide.

This photo is at 1 week .

Some of these I'll flower indoors.

At least 1 I will veg indoors then plant outdoors to create an absolute MONSTER.

Going to be a great journey .

P.S don't tell Skyla and Walter Jr or Hank

IMG_20230624_180218_794.jpg

You say only 2 aren’t mutants?

Are all your plants the same “strain” ?
Sorry ,let me clarify.

I have 9 freakshow seedlings ,Germinated from regular photoperiod freakshow seed.

2 of the seedlings (ones in first photo) have non freakshow leaf structure (so far ) .

Yes they are all the same strain .

Shapeshifters freakshow.

The seeds were pale white also.

Freaky !

IMG_20230626_121917_316.jpg

IMG_20230626_121901_627.jpg

IMG_20230626_121856_210.jpg

IMG_20230626_121848_863.jpg

Sorry ,let me clarify.

I have 9 freakshow seedlings ,Germinated from regular photoperiod freakshow seed.

2 of the seedlings (ones in first photo) have non freakshow leaf structure (so far ) .

Yes they are all the same strain .

Shapeshifters freakshow.

The seeds were pale white also.

Freaky !

IMG_20230626_121917_316.jpg

IMG_20230626_121901_627.jpg

IMG_20230626_121856_210.jpg

IMG_20230626_121848_863.jpg

That is sooooooo interesting bro; so you have 2 that are not Cannabis monstra phenos (phenotyope is how they look and react on the outside); but are Freakshow genotype. What I think is happening is you are seeing the phenos of either father or mother the breeder used to "stabilise" this strain...
It would be nice to have that breeder comment about the he did there.

Anyways one of the most interesting plants I've seen so far this year.

:passitleft:

Hey Mister White,

cool, cool, cool- Freakshow it is…!!!! Oddly enough 420 member Wrecked just finished up a grow of this strain. I’ve been interested in the pheno but wow those beans are pricey!! Anywho heres link to that journal >>> Freakshow journal

Thanks to 013 for mentioning Wrecked's Freakshow journal as I was going to mention it, too. I'd like to follow along with this one as well as, like Dani, those leaves are wicked. I'm surprised you have 2 that don't have that characteristic yet. It will be interesting to see if it comes out as the plants mature.

I'd love to grow Freakshow myself but as 013 said, it's out of my price range for now.

Thanks to 013 for mentioning Wrecked's Freakshow journal as I was going to mention it, too. I'd like to follow along with this one as well as, like Dani, those leaves are wicked. I'm surprised you have 2 that don't have that characteristic yet. It will be interesting to see if it comes out as the plants mature.

I'd love to grow Freakshow myself but as 013 said, it's out of my price range for now.
When you say our of your price range, can I ask how much have you seen the freakshow beans go for?

Copperrein had several journals up to two years ago. In the last one she grew both Freakshow and Dr. Grinspoon. It was a pretty intense grow from start to harvest. She not only started from seed but once the plants were going good cuttings were taken and when they rooted the clones became part of the project.

A lot of pictures and info right from the start:

The history of Freakshow shows that a father & son team worked on the Freakshow and another strain for several years starting in the 2010s, maybe a bit earlier. They were crossing different plants looking for something better than average as far as taste and "high" and at the same time were looking at unusual leaf shapes. The father came up with Freakshow and the son something similar.

Copperrein had several journals up to two years ago. In the last one she grew both Freakshow and Dr. Grinspoon. It was a pretty intense grow from start to harvest. She not only started from seed but once the plants were going good cuttings were taken and when they rooted the clones became part of the project.

A lot of pictures and info right from the start:

The history of Freakshow shows that a father & son team worked on the Freakshow and another strain for several years starting in the 2010s, maybe a bit earlier. They were crossing different plants looking for something better than average as far as taste and "high" and at the same time were looking at unusual leaf shapes. The father came up with Freakshow and the son something similar.
Thank you for sharing this valuable thread.

When you say our of your price range, can I ask how much have you seen the freakshow beans go for?

When I've found it feminized, it's either out of stock or priced too high. Prices I've seen range from $20 to $38 a seed and I just can't afford that right now as I just spent $300 on seeds (27 seeds altogether). I look for seeds that are less than $15 each. @CannaPot has great prices and I've bought from them several times.

Mine were freebies from a seed purchase, gave two away, I have four left.

Are they feminized or regulars?

I grew regulars last year and decided never again.

Back
Top Bottom