Fungus gnat help please

The Germinator

So I noticed these things flying a month or so ago. Didn't think much about it. Today I think I noticed burrowing in my soil. So I googled them. My plants have all the signs. Slow growth. One plant is yellowish like nute def but I know they've gotten plenty. Also haven't watered them in more than a week and they are still heavy and moist. They're in three gal buckets. Before they would dry out in bout four days.
Question is how can I attack them today. Ordering something online will take a week. Does peroxide work on the larvae? Any info appreciated. This is happening to my 6 week into flower very berrys.
What should I order online in the meantime? Thank You all.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thanks anyways guys. Guess I can google a solution.

i always have those yellow sticky traps/paper on a stick in almost every pot . They give me a good indication of what type of gnat's or whatever type of bug may be living in my grow area. I use a lot of organic compost which those little gnats seem to love,we can usually keep them in check by not overwatering and SNS 209 is a GREAT PRODUCT..

Someone posted it here before but I used a liter spray bottle with water, drop or two of dawn detergent and a cap full of hydrogen peroxide. This was in veg for me but applying it right before lights out and to the top of the soil liberally worked for me. If memory serves me it took a few weeks but it did work.

Someone posted it here before but I used a liter spray bottle with water, drop or two of dawn detergent and a cap full of hydrogen peroxide. This was in veg for me but applying it right before lights out and to the top of the soil liberally worked for me. If memory serves me it took a few weeks but it did work.

This ^^^ with some yellow sticky traps should to the trick

I put potatoes on the top of the soil last night. Just checked. Lots of little tiny bugs crawling. They're not larvae. What are they?

Yeah I understand. I have a USB microscope on the way. Don't think my phone camera would show them.

Watered soil with neem oil and sprayed plants. Hope I didn't kill them. All I seen was a spider. White body.

I smashed one gently to look at it with my microscope. Doesn't look like an ant.

Will it hurt my plants watering the soil with neem?

I read to make sure neem has an emulsifier added to it. What's that?

When adding oil to water it doesn't mix so you will need something to break down the oil to they mix together. A few drops of dish soap normally does the trick.

Thank You for helping me. Seems hard to get people to help. Maybe it's me. Maybe I am not providing enough info. I know plants don't seem to be growing. 6th week of flower. Buds are small. One plant is yellow. The others fading. Two have purple leaves. I given them nutes. Ph of soil is fine. Very discouraged to the point of pulling plants and never growing again. I also have a dwc grow. They are getting so huge I don't know what to do with them. 6 plants in a 20 gal tub. 2 in five gal buckets. I am just over whelmed. Water leaves are three times bigger than my hands. Anyways. Just wanted to say thanks.

I think you have root aphids. If it is fungus gnats, just crumble a mosquito dunk and mix with your
medium. It'll rid the plant of gnats in about 3 weeks. Root aphids need to be handle with drenching
the roots with a insecticide of choice.

I hope i didnt ruin the buds by spraying with neem oil, read online, some say it will some say it wont. :(

Back
Top Bottom