Fussy plant

Budcheeks

hello and happy new year to ya i had a question has any one every ran into a plant that stops taking nitrogen a week after you swich to hps i have a plant i grew 9 times and no matter the food the ph or the hours of light when i put hps bulbs in this plant is starting to yellow in 4 days after swiching to hps no other plant does this . so when i grow i do flower in mh for 7 weeks then hps to finsh this plant off dont know why but i always ask myself why so diffrent then the rest and i grew 36 diffrent strains

Since HPS is a much more appropriate light spectrum for bloom, when you put her under there she was able to work harder. If you were giving minimal nutes and she was just getting what she needed under the MH, putting her under the better light caused the deficiency. At least that is my theory. Now if you are saying that this has never happened before and not happening to other plants in the room, then you simply did something different with that plant.

Especially in bloom, not every yellowing means that the plant stopped taking N, because N is not the major macro nutrient needed at that time... your yellowing most likely has to do with missing something else, either because it is not being provided, pH is wrong, or something else is locking out the needed nutrients. Oftentimes, toward the end of the grow that you have been feeding with synthetic nutes, the soil will have built up salts to the point that water and nutrient uptake is restricted, and that will also cause yellowing, and to clear a salt lockout you need to flush the medium.

Again, things like this can be very confounding, if it is only happening to one or two plants in a room. Pictures of the problem would help a lot in trying to diagnose it and if you could give me a few shots of the plant, complete with the damaged leaves still attached, I can probably give you a good idea what is going on.

i clear all salt by putting threw water and i know what biuld up looks like and do use kleanflush in. The plant is in a 5 gallon pot it drinks it dry by the second day i put 8 litters of water in it each time i water. I thought mabey it was drinking it to fast before the ph went from 5.5 to 6.5 so i started watering at 6 ph no difrent flushed it reset feeding still the same keep in mind it has produced and aways produce's great bud yeild is great flavor great but it yellows fast and aways scares me a bit i will put a pic thanks for taking your time and like this is the 9th clone trying everything difrent 9 times lol with the same result and for the strangest reason it bugs me

Since HPS is a much more appropriate light spectrum for bloom, when you put her under there she was able to work harder. If you were giving minimal nutes and she was just getting what she needed under the MH, putting her under the better light caused the deficiency. At least that is my theory. Now if you are saying that this has never happened before and not happening to other plants in the room, then you simply did something different with that plant.

Especially in bloom, not every yellowing means that the plant stopped taking N, because N is not the major macro nutrient needed at that time... your yellowing most likely has to do with missing something else, either because it is not being provided, pH is wrong, or something else is locking out the needed nutrients. Oftentimes, toward the end of the grow that you have been feeding with synthetic nutes, the soil will have built up salts to the point that water and nutrient uptake is restricted, and that will also cause yellowing, and to clear a salt lockout you need to flush the medium.

Again, things like this can be very confounding, if it is only happening to one or two plants in a room. Pictures of the problem would help a lot in trying to diagnose it and if you could give me a few shots of the plant, complete with the damaged leaves still attached, I can probably give you a good idea what is going on.

image.jpg

image.jpg

This is at week 5 6 days s from switching to hps this pant is 15% amber at 8 and a half weeks which is where I like to harvest

image.jpg

Sorry, I can't see what I need to see in that light. Natural light would be much better.

I do have questions about your method of pH adjustment.
i clear all salt by putting threw water and i know what biuld up looks like and do use kleanflush in. The plant is in a 5 gallon pot it drinks it dry by the second day i put 8 litters of water in it each time i water. I thought mabey it was drinking it to fast before the ph went from 5.5 to 6.5 so i started watering at 6 ph no difrent flushed it reset feeding still the same keep in mind it has produced and aways produce's great bud yeild is great flavor great but it yellows fast and aways scares me a bit i will put a pic thanks for taking your time and like this is the 9th clone trying everything difrent 9 times lol with the same result and for the strangest reason it bugs me
A plant can't drink too fast. It drinks at whatever speed it can depending on the development of the roots.

I can see some of the yellowing in your pictures, but I need to fine tune what I am seeing to be able to determine what it is, but I suspect you are having difficulty getting Potassium. Since you are clearing any salt lockouts, the problem most likely is pH related, and your description of your method seems to confirm that. I do need to know before I give you more advice on that subject, what medium you are in and what nutes you are using.

i know the plant is fine i just keep wondering if in its natural for this plant or is there something this plant needs that the others don't

i know the plant is fine i just keep wondering if in its natural for this plant or is there something this plant needs that the others don't
there is no danger of losing the plant if that is what you mean, but you asked the question and I have answered it. The plant needs the pH adjusted correctly so that you get the proper uptake of the macronutrient it is having problems getting. Try adjusting your pH to 6.3 with every fluid that hits your soil, assuming you are using soil and synthetic nutes.

But as you said, the plant is fine and many growers simply ignore any yellowing at the end and call it natural fading. Anytime you are losing leaves in mid bloom, especially going totally yellow and then dying, there is a problem. It is of course, your choice whether it is critical enough to react to or not. My view on it is that if something is lacking to the point that leaves are being sacrificed to supply it to the top growth, that problem needs to be addressed before it also starves the buds of that same nutrient.

i use gh floral series 3 part system ph to 5.5 if the plant is drinking fast i will bring the ph to 5.9 i start the seed in promix hp for medium in a small pot transplanting to bigger pot letting it feed off soil witch by the way you told me to do years ago and i have had great results with thank you then they meet there final home in a 5 or 3 gal feeding gh thew there whole lives adjusting for the diffrent stages and all has worked fine tell this cindarella 99 strain witch im sure they sent me the wong ones because theres alot of blue to the flavor so im thinking its blue cindrella this has been a 2 year fight with this plant lol

there is no danger of losing the plant if that is what you mean, but you asked the question and I have answered it. The plant needs the pH adjusted correctly so that you get the proper uptake of the macronutrient it is having problems getting. Try adjusting your pH to 6.3 with every fluid that hits your soil, assuming you are using soil and synthetic nutes.

But as you said, the plant is fine and many growers simply ignore any yellowing at the end and call it natural fading. Anytime you are losing leaves in mid bloom, especially going totally yellow and then dying, there is a problem. It is of course, your choice whether it is critical enough to react to or not. My view on it is that if something is lacking to the point that leaves are being sacrificed to supply it to the top growth, that problem needs to be addressed before it also starves the buds of that same nutrient.
i agree there is a reason for the fad that's what's bugging me i know its telling me something and i never have a problem reading my plants if that makes since but this one i have always struggled with i have made many adjustments to feed.im thinking maybe even slower trastion form veg nuits to flowering nuits and i have had many great grows but when ya think its easy bam something else to learn lol

i agree there is a reason for the fad that's what's bugging me i know its telling me something and i never have a problem reading my plants if that makes since but this one i have always struggled with i have made many adjustments to feed.im thinking maybe even slower trastion form veg nuits to flowering nuits and i have had many great grows but when ya think its easy bam something else to learn lol
also if it makes since don't really care about the weed anymore this has become more of a passion and therapy for me

omg i think you got it i grow in led in veg switching to mh then hps at the end the hps drives them harder I think a slight increase to the food threw stretch might help next feed i will do a 15% increase to ppm

omg i think you got it i grow in led in veg switching to mh then hps at the end the hps drives them harder I think a slight increase to the food threw stretch might help next feed i will do a 15% increase to ppm
or adjust the pH correctly and more efficiently use the nutes you are already giving... but sure... more nutes works too.

Back
Top Bottom