Gas Lantern Routine with LED?

Doozy

As I'm sure many of you already know, the Gas Lantern Routine is basically a light schedule of 12/5.5/1/5.5 during veg. There's plenty of info on here about the theory behind the cycle so I won't go into that.

The specific question is whether anyone sees any reason why this routine wouldn't be suited to LED's (perhaps the spectrum isn't suited etc)? I've searched the Internet and can't find an answer, and although it may seem like a stupid question, I've always believed to ask a silly question rather than keeping quiet and hoping for the best.

FYI i have the Mars 2 standard spectrum LED units (5W diodes).

If anyone has tried it under LED i'd really appreciate your imput, but also, if anyone has just tried this routine recently, under any lights, and had success/failure your input would be great too.

Thanks in advance. :)

What Hosebomber said! I'm nearing the end of vegging my third grow using GLR, first grow using LED.

Thanks for your input, that's really helpful.

So have you noticed any difference at all when using GLR with LED as opposed to your previous grows?

Thanks again, been looking for someone all over the net who is using LED with this schedule :D

Thanks for your input, that's really helpful.

So have you noticed any difference at all when using GLR with LED as opposed to your previous grows?

Thanks again, been looking for someone all over the net who is using LED with this schedule :D

From a GLR perspective, I have not noticed any significant differences with the switch from CFL to LED based canopy lighting.

Some strains are more touchy than others. There are some strains that after being in the GLR for 3 to 4 months will start showing female hairs but remain in veg, others never show any signs. But the type of light source doesn't seem to matter at all.

That's where Hosebomber's and my experiences differ. My first two grow were with untopped plants and all plants showed sexual maturity within 8 to 9 weeks from germination. For this grow, I have double topped the kids and after 9 weeks from germination only one of them has decidedly become female. I'm still waiting to hear from the other 5 although I do see a number of asexual nubs starting to form so it shouldn't be that much longer. So it appears that while topping can delay the onset of sexual maturation, I find that it still occurs naturally under GLR.

I've just started my grow using Gas Lantern Routine with LEDs for anyone that's interested. So far all seems to be fine.

Here is a picture of one of the ladies, 3 weeks from seed

P1150375.JPG

I don't know how this would compare to 18/6, because it's my first grow, but from what i can tell by looking at other pictures of plants at 3 weeks from seed, growth doesn't seem to have been affected by this schedule.

Fingers crossed for the rest of the grow. :)

Hey. I'd like to try the GLR but how do you guys control it? I have a digital timer, but i am only allowed to put in On/off hrs. Its not able to do 5,5 hrs on etc..

I use digital timers, they are perfect for this.

Example -

Timer on @ 00.00
Timer off @ 12.00
Timer on @ 17.30
Timer off @ 18.30

Then set the digital timer to do this every day. It really is that simple.

If you want different hours, just use this example and increase in the same ratios. :)

I use digital timers, they are perfect for this.

Example -

Timer on @ 00.00
Timer off @ 12.00
Timer on @ 17.30
Timer off @ 18.30

Then set the digital timer to do this every day. It really is that simple.

If you want different hours, just use this example and increase in the same ratios. :)

Cool thanks, got it all working out now :) Imma try this schedule for now. Like them savings already :) electricity is EXPENSIVE around here.

Back
Top Bottom