General Question- Looking for input

n3mp0

This is my first time posting in this thread, so hello everyone!

I started out doing Hydro (DWC) but after a few failed attempts and lots of factors I never thought off; dirty reservoir, additional nutrients, algae and constantly flushing. I decided to switch to soil.

I'm using bag seeds. My plants about a month and 1 week old. It's about 1ft tall, but to me it seems more 'wide' then 'tall' and I just want to make sure I'm doing everything right. I seem to have a lot of smaller leaves grow underneath bigger ones, so they can't get any light? Is that fine? Below is a brief history of what I'm doing to hopefully help with any additional questions.

From the research I've done, this is my setup;

Soil: I'm currently using Micro-grow for soil, but I just purchased some Fox Farm - Ocean Forest.

Pot/Container I'm using a 5GAL container

Water I make sure my PH is around 5.5 -6.0 when feeding. And didn't start feeding the plant nutrients until 3 weeks in. I give it a gallon of water every 2-3 days? I use my finger to tell if the soils damp? Should I be water more?

Light I'm using 2x 60watt CFL's about 4 inches away from the plant.

nutrients Since I started with a Hydro setup. I'm using General Hydroponic 3 stage - Flora Series. First question is how should I be mixing this? Does it matter what I put in first? As of right now i mix 1 tsp each per Gal. (I think I should have increased it a lot more, but scared to get nutrients burn.)

Thanks for the input!!

imho i would try to reach a 6.5-7.0 ph. and make sure when using FFOF that you dont add nutes for first few weeks. it has plenty in there. be careful with seedlings/clones in it too since it is kinda hot. another good tool is moisture meter if you cant tell by weight. it'll run you about 10-15 bucks. i prefer rapidtest but there are others. make sure to get readings at multiple depths though to be sure. and a few more lights wouldnt hurt. cfl really dont have heat so you can pile them in and they are cheap. a good spectrum of light is good. more blues for veg more reds for bloom. i personally use both just more of one depending of stage. good luck though.

It is recommended by GH tgat micro (brown) goes into fresh water first, mix thoroughly (I let stand for 5 min)
Then the addition of green and pink.
Not doing so can lead to lockouts..

I feel you are probably to much water. A plant wider then taller is fine and actually ideal if the height has to be short for retrictive reasons.

Back
Top Bottom