Germinating

well alot of people put them in the or atleast i did. but then on my second set i put them under fluro and they sprouted just fine with a 100% germination. if u didnt put them in soil yet then take a wet paper towel lay the seeds in it wet it then lay a few mor paper towels on a plate wet them then lay the towel with the seeds on the platewrap it in a plastic bag and put it in a warm dark place . in a few days the will sprout then put them in your soil under lights.fluro dont use hps its too much for these young girls mh will do good . good luck i hope i was able to help u out for im a newbie myself .

I am germinating some seeds in soil.

Should I have them in the dark? or with lights on, HPS or fluro?

I myself use the paper towel method. But ofcourse simply germinating them in soil will work as well. That's how nature does it. If your gonna do it straight in soil I would suggest keeping the soil moist and use fluros for the first week of growth then maybe change over to your HID lights making sure you keep the light the proper distance away. The wattage of your light and ventilation will dictate how far your light should be. Basic rule of thumb is to use the back of your hand. place your hand at the top of your canopy. If your hand is uncomfortably warm then your lights are too close.

the only thing with paper towels is that it might fall apart onto the seed and when you grab it and clean you might stress the beggining of the roots...

i just throw them in a cup of water... and let them sink, usually pop in a day or 2

also be sure to transplant and not let em get too big in the paper towel (just keepin all your bases covered) good luck with the grow and be sure to take pics!

I've found that damp paper towel in a small tupperware container on top of my t5 fixture makes the perfect germinating environment. They crack within 12 hours and are ready for soil in 24-36. Once the little tap root is 1 cm I put into soil about 1/2 inch deep root down and leave the light on the soil for warmth. Also I feel the sprout can find its way to the surface faster when the light is left on.

is light needed to germinate?? or does it just make the process a bit faster?

Old seeds i'd soak in water 24hrs then to soil, fluros on. I always germ with lights on as it appears to help orient the sprout as it emerges. It is seeing light after it's popped casing, even under the soil, unless buried too deep.

Back
Top Bottom