GFC Extracts

Holy shit....let me tell you gfc...right before I got to your new post I was scrolling down and talking shit telling myself "damn I hope this guy is for real with the no vac tec he said he had, does he really get down like that? and right when I was saying that I saw your post.

Couple of questions (still in noob stages) first, the content you stated above is in reference to the initial purge after the extraction, correct? what is the initial solvent you use when getting the white stuff?

when you state solvent oil, how do you get to your "solvent oil"? (no offence to you just wanting to get the knowledge you have!) I have been reading on food dehydrators. I read that you can use them to slow purge and I also heard you could "semi decarb" your bud too. would love to get your opinion on this.

Thanks again gfc.

yes you are correct, that process i spoke of is trying to stay within the legal realms of these forums. so that process is after the initial extraction done in the very beginning. the best answer i can give you for this, is to obtain already made oil and clean it up with the steps i provided. i will pm you with details about your questions tomorrow. (sorry for the time delays but i do not have enough time these days) but you can lay your doubts to rest, i do not use anything high tech or fancy (although i am looking into a new dehydrator). i actually make better extracts then anyone else that trys to vend to us and they all claim to use vacuums.
**with this stated, i have quit making one of the extracts due to the new federal ruling and comparison to is being "meth" so cleaning (winterizing) is all i do now.

a dehydrator may decarb your bud, ive never tried it. making me think now

but if it worrys you, you can adjust your dehydrator to a timer plug just like used in grow rooms (i do this when i have to leave the purge) i set it for 2 hrs on and to shut off for 30 min then come back on for 2 hrs. i do that for 12 hrs.

I&i

sorry again, seems you come on towards end of my days. pm me with all your thoughts and concerns and i will do my best to give you point to point details of what i do and use.

Edit : so a dehydrator can decarb your bud but you may want a digital heat gauge on that dehydrator. it will take longer then in the oven but i believe would save more terpenes then in the oven.. why anyone would throw flowers in a oven or microwave i do not know. growing is about patience, curing is the biggest part of quality control so rushing that makes me cringe a lil.

when i want to taste a little or am running low, i have before cut a few branches and hung them in my dark closet for a couple weeks but i try and plan ahead when it comes to my ladys.

Ok so third batch of winterized made so far since being told about it by Absolute in this thread. i was just going through my second purge cycle about to go to third when the side tipped into the water and added about a 1/4 inch of water into my pie dish.. well i wasnt happy as i was for sure i ruined the winterization process but i didnt quit i restarted the evaporation process and evaporated all the water/alcohol solution (the white) and i got the cleanest form i have yet to get. parts are see-through and again, this was done with my normal setup of gear less then 100$. i will be investing in a new setup so i dont have the chance of it falling again.

I&i

20140804_092232.jpg
20140804_092728.jpg
20140804_094553.jpg
20140804_114339.jpg
20140804_114258.jpg
20140804_114750.jpg
20140804_120302.jpg
20140804_121935.jpg

Just tried sending a pm. It says I need 50 to pm. I don't think it would be a problem putting out the first part of the process on how to get to the solvent oil you was explaining earlier. Looking forward to it. btw nice pics of that golden flake!

i can assure you that the discussion of the extract your speaking of is not tolerated here. this thread was once removed and i had to prove that i make other extracts for them to bring it back and remove the pictures that i had posted of me through the process of making what you speak of. the reason i can speak of winterization is because there is no butane in the process which is why they do not tolerate the extract you speak of. if you read the conversation between me and Absolute the one that told me about Winterization you will realize what i am talking about.

with that said, no disrespect at all but there has to be patience with making oil. once you hit 50 posts in here, feel free to pm me. the other member that PM'd me i will get to you as soon as i have time. please forgive my terrible timing but i just got new equipment and gardens are coming down as well as since im donating clones now that has became a daily process its self.

I&i

I understand gfc. You sound like a busy man, I don't know all the rules so I apologize for coming on hard. Are you on any other forums? I will try to get my 50 up. Thanks for all the info you put up. Very informative.

hello 710,
i am far from knowing all the rules myself. i am constantly being reminded by moderators what pictures go where and what can be said where (youll adapt quickly) i was raised with the concept that no matter what regulations you put on anything people will try to do it so to have proper knowledge on how to go about it the safest way possible i think is important as i did not learn from watching kids on youtube i can promise you this (i cringe everytime i see those youtube videos).. Cleaning already made oil is the safest for many reasons.

other then safety, it has been called the new "**** hard drug" (dont want to say the word they compare it to, it is absurd)
when it comes to making the extract you speak of. so tread cautiously with the subject.

State of washington doesnt even know if they want to license extractors due to the solvent used.

I&i

Edit : i recommend checking out the grow journals on 420mag. it will be a easy way for you to reach your 50 count.
Grow Journals

Hey gfc, really man thanks a lot for your info. I really do appreciate it. I will try to bring my count up, its just I don't want to post anything that is not helping the thread.

BTW, I have been getting into some reading and research on a new term I came across (im in florida so the information we get here in reference to bud is about 5- 8 yrs late) called high brix soil. Any opinions on it?

Keep up the good work my friend, hopefully soon I would be able to apply what I have been gathering from my research. Take care.

Hello, as long as its about cannabis in these threads its relevant.

this is what i could find about high brix soil.. seems to just be a medium for your soil if thats what your interested in you can jump into my grow journal and we can talk that there. this is what ive found though.

High Brix Method: Organic Super Soil

I&i

not sure why i cant see the post that shows in my email but i feel these links need to be seen, thanks Ricorico!!

Here are some links to High Brix threads from our resident guru :yummy:

Doc Bud: High Brix Q&A With Pictures (High Brix Q&A With Pictures)

Doc Bud: All Organic High Brix (All Organic High Brix)

Doc Bud: True High Brix (High Brix)

In the Lab With Doc Bud (In The Lab)

Credit goes to RicoRico for putting these together.

I&i

Great hash GFcollective. What fun it must be playing with THC extracts all day! High Brix will be the only way medical cannabis is grown in the not to distant future. N-P-K and PH will be a thing of the past! High Brix growing is the scientifically optimal way to grow. High Brix is peerless! 5 star high brix bubble hash would be my holy grail.

once you said npk and ph will be a thing in the past i have now decided that im going to look into this high brix a bit more. sounds amazing.

playing with extracts of any nature are fun, my fiance wants me to make a essential oil extractor that she found in one of her old books. once i have the time i would love to.

comes to growing the plant or making extracts ill play in the garden any day.

I&i

Ever tried any iso hash with freshly picked buds? The chlorophyll doesn't dissolve so you can wash it almost as long as you want. my home life is too chaotic to purge other solvents well so the isopropyl alcohol is my surefire way to get high quality yummy hash quick and easy.

never tried it from fresh, but i have stopped making most cannabis oils due to the new crack downs on it in our state. bubble hash is where im sitting for awhile. in the process of finding out what i have to do to obtain my extractors license. right now i just clean oil that our shop brings in, others are still making it so i just clean it with everclear, many have agreed with me that it is stronger and cleaner then the regular un cleaned version.

i did want to try one last batch with grape alcohol but maybe sometime down the road.

I&i

I can't wait for the day when I can respect the law I just can't because of their senseless stance. I dream of a day when the police actually protect and serve instead of act as prison industrial complex, oil company, pharmaceutical company, etc$... mercenaries. Good luck on getting your extract license. My goal is in this miraculous industry as well. One step at a time.

peace out GFcollective.

Cleaning Dirty Hash Oil.

Op Cleaning up the Streets

20140815_201401.jpg

20140815_201508.jpg

i decided that a regular mason jar (cup sized) would be enough Everclear to clean 6 grams of hash oil.

20140816_091338.jpg

Let it sit in the freezer after you have shaken the mason jar (lid on ;) ) for 12 hours.

20140817_055020.jpg
20140817_055026.jpg

After 12 hours in freezer and the big chunks have been turned into liquid (if not shake it some more)
Strain out the fats and lipids from the hash oil

20140817_055036.jpg

Now poor this into your pie dish or whatever pyrex your using to evaporate the everclear out

20140817_064215.jpg
20140817_064923.jpg
20140817_065855.jpg
20140817_070731.jpg

Watch it slowly evaporate (all the white will disappear) **do not breath in fumes that is alcohol evaporating**

20140817_072841.jpg

once the alcohol has been evaporated out (since i dont use water in any of my process i scrape it out of pyrex once i see this consistency)

20140817_185010.jpg

fter around 8 hrs in a dehydrator it has became dry to the touch, and pretty see through. very smooth smoke with a hint of alcohol taste (which can be taken out if you use water and also use a vac)

i dont recommend using water without a vac as you will burn the taste of your oil trying to evaporate the water out.

hope this helps a little on how to clean already obtained hash oil.

I&i

i havent weighted it yet i was gone at hempfest all yesterday and i have taken dabs out of it already but not more then half a gram. ill check weight when i go home in a hr and will let you guys know tomorrow. from handling oil as much as i have in the past im going to go ahead and guess i got 2.5 grams.
(that is my small oil slick slab that is about 5inch x 3 1/2 inch

will let you know tomorrow ;)

but you can see in the filter picture that there is much taken out, however none of that will do you any good other then a harsh smoke and nasty taste. i cant dab anything other then winterized these days, i do if i need to try or sample some but i prefer winterized now.

if absolute is around anymore , thanks for pointing me in that direction.

I&i

Edit : i still stand by saying that you will lose 50% of your yield weather you clean already made oil or make your own winterized from scratch. but your only losing what you dont want, you are keeping all the goodness

Back
Top Bottom