GFC Extracts

thank you very much C Sprite , you guys are all extremely nice and welcoming people.

So it has been a few more days then i said i would get the weight posted for you guys but i did take the picture that night of the weight and surprisingly i had 3.5 g of winterized hash oil after dabbing around .3 to .5 prior to weighing it. so i was wrong about my guess that it takes about 50% of your yield away, after the first test it has taken about 35% of my yield away (im no math genius so thats estimate.)

but 6.1 grams went in
20140815_201401.jpg

3.4 (3.8) grams came out
20140818_205152.jpg

i will pm you in a second

A video i dont believe i can fully get you what your wanting as i dont allow any electronic device around me when making most extracts (for several reasons).. however i feel i can get you the info you need it will just have to be in a pm. dont believe im allowed to really discuss how to make what your asking for (even though that leaves people to attempting on their own and hopefully not ending up on the news)

I&i

I have a question that I can be clear about, and I am sure you are legally fine to answer--thank you for the offer. My first question is about vaporizing... And I'm asking for your opinion because you seem to get the science behind this, so here goes... I am a Colorado med patient, and I get refined co2extracted hash oil, it's the consistency of cold honey, about 70%+-THC, and it's fantastic. I also have all kinds of wax and shatter available to me. I like to vape my concentrates in a pen. I don't know if it's true vaporization, or if it's combustion, and I don't really care.

From the beginning I have been trying to somehow get this product into a cartridge or tank, something I can load up and suck on all day long. I started with vegetable glycerin, propylene glycol... There are a couple of products out there right now to mix with wax or shatter and then load into a cartridge--they don't work that well, the concentrate tends to separate back out, in the cartridge you are left wi waxy golden crystals, the highs can be weird... The other half of that is the tech... It's getting there, but just hasn't quite caught up with the demand, really.... We want our mod, refillable o-pens... I do anyway...

Do you have any thoughts on what might be a good agent to use, to take my refined cold-honey-like oil and make it ....mmmm viscous?enough... To wick like e-juice in a personal vaporizer? I just want to start with the oil-- it seems simpler, period, if I want to get liquid, to start with a liquid even if it is thick, rather than a solid like wax or shatter. I have used the product "liquidizer"... Also something from the o pen people that I cannot find anymore... I believe that was a PG/PEG/ethanol mix, and it actually worked VERY well... Suggestions? Anyway I believe it's kind of what that other person meant to ask, how do I put that stuff in my e-cigarette?

I currently use a really nice stealth rig for e-dabs, but it's my dream to fill up a tank with some nice golden liquid. you are sharing your process? It seems...always like to try doing it myself but sometimes seems like more hassle than its worth if youre just a consumer, you know? Are you willing or able to refer me to someone you know in my area who is processing? Just FYI I'm not trying to ask anything nefarious, as far as I know it's all perfectly legitimate where I am...the only reason I seriously consider making my own concentrate is selection. I have a couple favorite flower strains, like jack herer, and they never have it in concentrate form. Anyway. A lot of info. Any thoughts you have are welcome! Thanks! --Seven

hello seven,
The topic your asking about is the one area i dont know much about but am currently teaching myself. were about to open a epen store so ive learned a bit in the last few weeks so i might be able to help you but will speak with my friend that has made his own mods, atomizers and everything else that goes with those pens. Im sure he will know more about what to mix with the oil.

About Vaporization and pens.. this depends on the battery of your pen, my friend for instance can crank his up and blow out blooms of smoke. This is not a vapor, his batter is turned up so high its heating the oil to a temp that is burning any tars left inside the oil (most oils that you get from shops will have forms of fats or lipids of some kind) it adds more weight for them to make more money, well the people making it and vending to the shops.. so yes most pens are a vapor, very slight hit with no real smoke exhaling out.. if you mod your pen, then you can essential be walking around with a portable dabber like my friend.

i personally dont care for pen oils (mixed with PG or VG) i do use a pen however. i have a ceramic coil that i put a grain of rice sized wax (honeycomb, shatter, wax, solventless) it all works on the ceramic. i do have to reload it more often then others i see with theirs (i dont have a full ml in a Clearomizer.. im sure if you shopped around the clubs there you could find one that carries "cartomizers" they are just like clearomizers but come preloaded with the oil.

i will look into mixing oil into pen juice and see how its done. i may even try it myself and post the results here.

That golden extract you see above, not sure if thats what made you think of the golden liquid. is everclear cleaning BHO. i then filter all the lipids and fats out with coffee filters while keeping them frozen.

you have sparked my interest and i will see about making some. just a bad month right now, but this next monday - thursday i should have some time to do tests.

This is my reclaim from my dab rig, cleaned with everclear, this pic is before it was purged out. just couldnt believe the golden color i was able to get from filtering and cleaning my reclaim.

20141120_232816.jpg

I&i

thanks for the tip on using a dehydrator. I have one I bought for the wife one Christmas. Never been used. lol. I was wondering how a person could do small batches if you need a "vacuum oven." They had them at a show. they are expensive. For a home grower its silly .I'll read the rest of thread. Great reading.

Please feel free to pm with any questions or concerns. I will do my best to help and listen. I'm just about to be making anot her personal batch for myself. I just recently tried a straight from plant to pressing and got great color and taste but not good yield. Also did a fresh frozen batch and got a little more yield but darker in color. Once the rest of the trim is done curing I'll run that to get my normal.

I&I

I make several different types of infused marijuana products.

Butter
Coconut oil
RSO
kief
bubble hash (1-5 star)
tinctures
tea
and always looking to make more. Any suggestions, or questions i will do my best to figure them out or complete the suggestions. i change a variable in my experiments every time so i rarely get the same consistency or yield. So if your afraid to make your own, cant make your own, or need advice. feel free to ask, i know other great cannabis extractors on these forums and we will get you helped out as soon as possible.

I&i

Hi mate! your products look amazing! wow
I grow by myself, indoor, just a couple of plants, mainly for recreational purpose.
I'm approaching to extractions-world and I'm really curious about.
I did some simple extractions using just 95°drinking Alcol, the product was really good for my standards and I would like to know more.
I just don't wanna use gasses because I'm not sure to be able to handle them in safe.
Can you suggest any particular extraction or tips to have good results? maybe a plant genetic or method.

Your work is pure magic

I have a decent dehydrator (that I've used for everything from garden herbs to drying fruit and jerky)
Variable temp from 95 (herb setting) to 160.

I don't remember what the price was (but less than $100) six trays.

As you stated, one can always use a timer to turn off after a certain period or with a decent timer turn it on and off anywhere from 1/2 hour and up.

Hi mate! your products look amazing! wow
I grow by myself, indoor, just a couple of plants, mainly for recreational purpose.
I'm approaching to extractions-world and I'm really curious about.
I did some simple extractions using just 95°drinking Alcol, the product was really good for my standards and I would like to know more.
I just don't wanna use gasses because I'm not sure to be able to handle them in safe.
Can you suggest any particular extraction or tips to have good results? maybe a plant genetic or method.

Your work is pure magic

thank you very much for those kind words. The oil, are you dabbing or ingesting? The only full alcohol wash I've done was for cannabis oil (Rick Simpson oil) I never dabbed it just tacked (rub on lower gum) or ingested it. I have however cleaned pre made oil with everclear. That process is easy enough for me to explain it. If your asking about washing material with alcohol and purging it out i plan to do this and bubble hash around April 2. what i will do is

Use 1-3 oz of c nugs
Enough everclear to fill half the jar
mash it up for 5-15 seconds and strain it through coffee filterse or micro screens
I'll then stick in freezer and leave for no less then 12 hrs
strain it once again through filters
the solvent will then be placed in a water bath
after the alcohol has purged out i will have a small great color terpy yield of dab able oil

I'll then repeat this process with the same material and mash it for 30 sec to a minute tops and complete the process above A second time.

I'll have pics and better explanations once I've done it myself ;) take this all with a grain of salt

I&I

thank you very much for those kind words. The oil, are you dabbing or ingesting? The only full alcohol wash I've done was for cannabis oil (Rick Simpson oil) I never dabbed it just tacked (rub on lower gum) or ingested it. I have however cleaned pre made oil with everclear. That process is easy enough for me to explain it. If your asking about washing material with alcohol and purging it out i plan to do this and bubble hash around April 2. what i will do is

Use 1-3 oz of c nugs
Enough everclear to fill half the jar
mash it up for 5-15 seconds and strain it through coffee filterse or micro screens
I'll then stick in freezer and leave for no less then 12 hrs
strain it once again through filters
the solvent will then be placed in a water bath
after the alcohol has purged out i will have a small great color terpy yield of dab able oil

I'll then repeat this process with the same material and mash it for 30 sec to a minute tops and complete the process above A second time.

I'll have pics and better explanations once I've done it myself ;) take this all with a grain of salt

I&I

First, thank you for your answer!
I don't ingest mj, I just smoke it, at the moment ;)
Your advices are gold, really thank you. I'll try to use them asap.
When I do the oil I grind all material I need (leaves and some buds) and I fill a jar with
that. The night before the operation, I put the alcohol into the freezer (I read that low temp helps extractions, idk), then I add the alcohol to the jar and gently shake for about 1 min. I strain with some paper and the result is an intense green liquid. I put it in a room and let it evaporate.
that's it! easy and it works for me, but I can't compare with a professional product, I've never tried it (unfortunately in my country it's quite impossible to find).

thanks again mate! I'll always follow you

i know many others that do grind theirs as well but i personally do not. i do hand tear the c nugs but i dont grind, reason being is because when you grind it, the solvent strips more of the fats and lipids out with the medicine. this is a picture of the fats and lipids i speak of
20140817_055026.jpg

the process where i stripped out the fats and lipids is a page or two back.
this has easily became my favorite cheap form of making healthier oil then bho that you see on the streets and even at your collectives.

i also run mostly c nugs for my extracts, my sweet leaf is usually turned into butter or joints. c nugs are nice and usually airy so the solvent can get in between the small areas, compared to solid rock flowers where the solvent really just washes the outer side of it even when hand grinded.

sweet leaf trics tend to go amber quicker then the flower. so when you roll joints out of sweet leaf from flowers that were 25/75 to 50/50 amber trics to cloudy you will get a nice heavy cough lock high. joints are usually smoked by volunteers and or given to patients freely. or you can pay 15$ for a sweet leaf joint from recreational shops ha

it wont hurt for you to place the flowers in the freezer prior to washing with the frozen alcohol as well. if you want to get crazy, you can be on the hunt for a sub zero freezer too ;) or make one out of dry ice.. but id rather have a legit freezer. be careful handling the material when its frozen as the resin glands will be very fragile. if you can have the flowers placed in the jar you plan to add your solvent to before you place the flowers in the freezer so there is no handling just washing.

i would break your one wash of 1 min into 2 washes first one being 15-20 seconds top third one being 45 seconds or so. your first wash should be a cleaner color then the green color from washing it for one minute.

something i havent experimented with but i have plans to this april, is placing the oil from alcohol in a window and letting the sun do its uv magic. i have heard from BudderKing or whatever he calls himself, the guy in canada that makes oil from alcohol. that he found out in his earlier days that uv will have a reaction with the chlorophyll taking the greenish brown color out of oil and also help purge the alcohol out making it cleaner.

good luck on your future washes and look forward to sharing advise!

I&i

dry sift from trim session

20150116_063613.jpg
20150116_0643431.jpg
20150116_065111.jpg
20150116_065134.jpg

Budder made from Sweet leaf trim / c nugs

20150209_120618.jpg
20150209_120609.jpg

Coconut oil on left, budder on right
20141112_090149.jpg

Pure Gold
20150201_144040.jpg

20150202_143711.jpg
20150203_102012.jpg
20150202_200857.jpg

sorry for not keeping this thread updated as much i could and should.

more extracts coming mid april.

I&i

I've read somewhere that UV is a big enemy of THC because it tends to degrade it.
Instead, may the exposure to light create a process similar to decarb (that is activation of some cannabinoids for ingestion? idk) after alcohol extraction?

I'm really interested, because leaving it under the sun is way faster then my way!

hey gf

When you use alcohol to 'wash' other extracts, how are you purging it?
You can't have 100% alcohol, so how do you get it all out?

From our discussion on the CCO thread...
If I start with 99.999% gas ingredients, I'm confident I can get real close to 99.9% of it purged. When my alcohol is only 90%, and a liquid at STP, it will be more difficulr to purge all that solvent.

I tried putting my rso into my DIY vac purge setup and I found it was still not suitable for vaping/smoking.

One last question... if you don't make the oils different for the different methods of ingestion, how do you handle decarbing? You need to decarb oil that will be ingested/tacked, but you don't need to, nor do you want to, do this to oil that will be smoked/vaped.

Maybe I'm missing something. :)

About UV light and cannabis OIL.

In the 1990s a guy by the name of budderking made what he called "glass"

They found by placing dark oil in the window w sun on it, the "glass" started softning up and changing color (buddering) or now known as crumble.

when the oil softens up you will start whipping it and that will add oxygenation changing the color.

I have yet to experiment with this and plan to in the future. Here is a 15 min long video explaining it

[video]

I&I

hey gf

When you use alcohol to 'wash' other extracts, how are you purging it?
You can't have 100% alcohol, so how do you get it all out?

From our discussion on the CCO thread...
If I start with 99.999% gas ingredients, I'm confident I can get real close to 99.9% of it purged. When my alcohol is only 90%, and a liquid at STP, it will be more difficulr to purge all that solvent.

I tried putting my rso into my DIY vac purge setup and I found it was still not suitable for vaping/smoking.

One last question... if you don't make the oils different for the different methods of ingestion, how do you handle decarbing? You need to decarb oil that will be ingested/tacked, but you don't need to, nor do you want to, do this to oil that will be smoked/vaped.

Maybe I'm missing something. :)

I'm not 100% positive my oil cleaned with alcohol is 100% clean of alcohol. But what I can say is us humans can now smoke alcohol in a powdered alcohol form. I can also day there is 0% butane since alcohol kills off all the tanr. so I don't believe tacking or dabbing oil used with alcohol would be unhealthy at all, medieval times alcohol was the main solvent For medicine. I've dabbed for a few years now and i can say dabbing oil w alcohol is cleaner then butane and co2, however solventless is my favorite.

I have dabbed both "rso" and "oil" and they are very Similar. rso has always had a harsher taste but usually because it's dirty from collectives.

I make all my extracts Differently. For instance rso I use a rice cooker which I don't use in any other process for my other extracts.

About decarbing... my understanding of this is (time + temp = decarping) You can speed this up with increasing heat to 120c but don't want to over cook which is why the rice cooker is used.

My oil your talking about
20140817_065855.jpg
20140817_070731.jpg
20140804_120302.jpg

Is heated to 110f to purge off the alcohol, this is used for dabbing

But where u got confused I believe is me questioning if this could be used for tacking as well. However I'd have to heat purge it at a higher temp for decarb to get closer to 70%.

sorry for confusing you.

If your using tane for oil, I can tell you I haven't went back to tane since I found out "winterizing".

I&I

I did a live rosin run and did a video, I may post that at some point. I will be doing it again changing a few varables.

I&I

I've made it three times so far. Once with 160m, second with dry flower, third with live.

I still don't believe I have the perfect system down and believe variables like heat and time need to be re thought.

But this morning my hash buddy sent me this pic from the rosin tech guys and it re inspired me

IMG_89441.jpg

Yes that's all rosin.. from the rosin tech guys on one of the social networks

I&I

Back
Top Bottom