GG Goes Loco with Coco - Feat. The Blues and Shark Attack!

Hey GG! Things are looking great there!

If looking for a light rig and are concerned about your heat, try to find a light system that is vented or can be vented w/o spending mucho dinero.

I've seen the Quantum Bad Boy 16 bulb T5 system with bulbs on fleabay for less than $500. I know that's more than you want to spend right now and I'm not trying to throw you off the trail of a good HID system if that's what you need. Just wanted to toss the idea out there for consideration. I'd love to hear what anyone has to say about that unit. I know the user "This Guy" has one he uses for veg (an 8 bulb unit I think - available for like $300 I think). He has told me that it kick's ass! It's possible he's flowering some autos with it right now, I know he was talking about doing that. The 16 bulb unit is supposed to put out as many lumens as a 1000 watt w/ much less heat. I'd love to know if it can really flower anything like a HID.

So here's the deal. You buy one, send it to me, I will test it for you for a couple of years. If it's good, I'll send it back to you with my highest recommendation. If not, I'll take it off your hands. :tokin:

Or maybe we handle it differently..:grinjoint:

Quick dry tested some of the JH this morning. One hit kicked my butt for about 30 minutes (wake & bake). Then I crashed and burned. Then I got freaked out. Thinkin' I'm gonna let those trichs cloud up a bit more before cutting any more. :trance:
:goodluck:

I've seen the Quantum Bad Boy 16 bulb T5 system with bulbs on fleabay for less than $500. I know that's more than you want to spend right now and I'm not trying to throw you off the trail of a good HID system if that's what you need. Just wanted to toss the idea out there for consideration. I'd love to hear what anyone has to say about that unit. I know the user "This Guy" has one he uses for veg (an 8 bulb unit I think - available for like $300 I think). He has told me that it kick's ass! It's possible he's flowering some autos with it right now, I know he was talking about doing that. The 16 bulb unit is supposed to put out as many lumens as a 1000 watt w/ much less heat. I'd love to know if it can really flower anything like a HID.

T5 might just be the one type of light I haven't researched yet, so I'm going to get on that right now!

I need to develop a long-term heat solution with my lights. Despite temptation, it's really not a good idea for me to buy a big hot HID rig...not so much because of the initial cash output, but because the electric company made a killing off me over the summer from the constantly cranked AC. I can't do that again with the same lights next summer, let alone with hotter ones.

I'm also really interested in LEDs since they're so cheap to run, but they sure are expensive to buy.

I'm going to fix myself up some cheesy bread with the garlicannabutter I made this week...yum.

I ran out of space in the veg room, so 4 of the clones have been moved to the bloom room.

IMG02551-20100925-1135.jpg

Now the remaining 4 in veg have more space.

IMG02557-20100925-1141.jpg

But the seedlings have had to go back under fluoro tubes temporarily.

IMG02558-20100925-1142.jpg

The thing about the decision to move small plants to 12 hour lighting as an emergency procedure should be examined.

Now clones... they are sexually mature and should go right into flower if you put them under 12-12.

With Seedlings you have a little more time. Seedlings are not sexually mature yet and they will not go into flower for 6 weeks (or more) depending on strain.

Just something to think about.

I have a pretty crowded mother chamber right now. It is an old laundry hamper. I have 46 watts of CFL and I lined the walls with white board. I cannot keep the mother down. She wants to grow to the sky. It is like I have to go in there every day and whack a bunch off of her. I do that because I only need a couple clones a year but I need to keep the mother alive. I do my cloning in the hamper too.

My point is, pretty much any box with acceptable air flow (I am using a computer fan) will make a good cloning or mother chamber. And the wattage requirements are minimal. That will also work as a place for a slow veg in a pinch. I have a pretty good sized clone in my mother chamber next to my mother. I do not know what to do with her but I have her and she is ready to put into flower whenever I want to.

The thing about the decision to move small plants to 12 hour lighting as an emergency procedure should be examined.

Now clones... they are sexually mature and should go right into flower if you put them under 12-12.

With Seedlings you have a little more time. Seedlings are not sexually mature yet and they will not go into flower for 6 weeks (or more) depending on strain.

Just something to think about.

I have a pretty crowded mother chamber right now. It is an old laundry hamper. I have 46 watts of CFL and I lined the walls with white board. I cannot keep the mother down. She wants to grow to the sky. It is like I have to go in there every day and whack a bunch off of her. I do that because I only need a couple clones a year but I need to keep the mother alive. I do my cloning in the hamper too.

My point is, pretty much any box with acceptable air flow (I am using a computer fan) will make a good cloning or mother chamber. And the wattage requirements are minimal. That will also work as a place for a slow veg in a pinch. I have a pretty good sized clone in my mother chamber next to my mother. I do not know what to do with her but I have her and she is ready to put into flower whenever I want to.

I appreciate the input but I'm a bit confused because you seem to be instructing/suggesting that I do things I have already been doing.

The clones aren't really small, and they are definitely mature because I've spotted preflowers. The seedlings won't be sent to flower anytime soon.

I do have a good cloning set-up and the lights from it are what I have on the seedlings. The rack I'm using is from my currently unneeded mothering chamber.

So it's really not something to think about for me, because I've already got it covered. :)

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Smoke Report?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom