Girls is only 3 days old

Hydro69

420 Member
She's in about a 60/40-70/30 coco/perlite mix in a soft sided pot and is already 1.5" tall. My light is a 300W Mars Hydro and is about 30" above the pot. How close should it be? It seems every source I check has a different answer. Ive been going 18/6hrs so far. Is this right?

Next question-So far I've been using bottled water. At what point is it important to test/adjust the ph levels? I've got her sister seedling in a Solo cup with the same mixture as of yesterday (she didn't germinate as quickly). Is it time to put her under the light as well?

Last question-At what point do I start with the nutes? My seed source said not to use any for the first 10 days.
Thanks in advance!

Hi Achilles and congratulations on your grow.

1. For your first question will need to know what type of plant are you growing. 18/6 will work well for both Autos an Photos. If growing an Auto you will stay at 18/6 for the entire grow if a Photo you will shift to 12/12 to initiate flowering.

2. 30 inches should be fine for seedligs until they get to about 3 nodes and then you can start lowering it to about 18 inches. Move is slowly and if you see any signs of stress move it bac a little. Sings of too much light include the edges of the leaves cupping upward.

3. You should be testing and adjusting your PH from day . Since you are growing i CoCo you will want to get some Cal-Mag and supplement at a rate of about 10-20 mg per 5 gallons of solution.

4. For nutrients I would wait for the first 10 days that the grower suggested then start feeding at about 1/2 of the labeled strength. I usually start at about 400 ppm and then slowly increase to 800-900 for the remainder of the grow.

Thanks for the quick reply. They are autos so I'll keep it at 18/6. I'll hold off another 7 days before adding nutes. And if I'm understanding correctly, the Cal-Mag just becomes an additive to my everyday watering supply. Is this correct? I'm for sure a newbie at this so I really appreciate all your advice.

Thanks for the quick reply. They are autos so I'll keep it at 18/6. I'll hold off another 7 days before adding nutes. And if I'm understanding correctly, the Cal-Mag just becomes an additive to my everyday watering supply. Is this correct? I'm for sure a newbie at this so I really appreciate all your advice.
Yes, if you’re growing in Coco Cal-Mag is a nesessary part of your routine. Listen to your plants, if they start stretching for the light chances are they want it closer.

Yes... when growing in coco and under led the plant needs Cal-Mag as a supplement. I use is in every feeding as an insurance against the deficiency.

Back
Top Bottom