Good morning all - Growing tech. in Desert Climes

Desertrat60

I'm a new member . I'm finally on my way to getting my card . Very hard in NV. I'm trying to get some general info on growing MM outdoors here in N/Nv. Many may know it is intense in the summer and getting worse , our altitude is around 4,500' asl. Last season it was 115+ for many days with Humility (humidity) around 2-5% maybe 10-15% @ night . Could someone point me in the right direction for these kind of conditions , best suited strains (chronic pain , insomnia , PTSD) , soil amending (blood meal , bone meal guano) , nothing chemical (might as well well your "bubbler" with miracle Grow ,, uhhh let's skip that idea) . There are times when I like something "uplifting" and other times like an elephant just sat on my head . How about shading ? A fellow I know had a lot of heat stress on his outdoor grow. I suggested screening to him this year but have no clue to percentage , I was figuring about 20%-40% shade factors . Very FINE site . Thanks again
Steve "Desertrat60"

I'm a new member . I'm finally on my way to getting my card . Very hard in NV. I'm trying to get some general info on growing MM outdoors here in N/Nv. Many may know it is intense in the summer and getting worse , our altitude is around 4,500' asl. Last season it was 115+ for many days with Humility (humidity) around 2-5% maybe 10-15% @ night . Could someone point me in the right direction for these kind of conditions , best suited strains (chronic pain , insomnia , PTSD) , soil amending (blood meal , bone meal guano) , nothing chemical (might as well well your "bubbler" with miracle Grow ,, uhhh let's skip that idea) . There are times when I like something "uplifting" and other times like an elephant just sat on my head . How about shading ? A fellow I know had a lot of heat stress on his outdoor grow. I suggested screening to him this year but have no clue to percentage , I was figuring about 20%-40% shade factors . Very FINE site . Thanks again
Steve "Desertrat60"

I know very little about strains for particular medical needs, but re the question about seed strains for high altitude/low humidity, I am pretty sure Dutch Passion have strains specifically bred for high altitude. Of course the challenge will be finding online seed shops in the US and or Canada that carry Dutch Passion seeds......

Good luck

Thanks for the help ! I'm not looking to grow continuously . Just for needs . But with the conditions I'd like to be versed a bit better on what will grow and yield high at the end of the season . Love doing new things and this will be no exception . For me it's all in or go home .

Back
Top Bottom