Gorilla Grow Tent

Gorilla grow tent you say? I don't really see the use. I know some people use camo to protect their outside crop. But you would be so much more heat with a tent in the middle of no where. Stick to seed bombs or scatter planting naturally outside. Keep tents at home

Thank You Ketinkrad
I have yet to see them in person just yet. However the Gorilla Grow Tent booth will be at the Maximum Yield show in San Francisco this weekend. I am going and I will check them out. I'll try to bring my camera too and do a video to share things with everyone.

Hi Ketinkrad,

I am going to be using a Gorilla Grow Tent from SuperCloset.com in an upcoming grow journal which will be launching very soon!

I am waiting for it to be shipped out now and will hopefully have the journal starting by early next week. I will come back by and post a link to it so you can check it out through my journal.

In the research that I have done on these tents, they are really worth every penny.

Are Gorilla Grow Tents worth the money? Are they the Best?

Oh you just mean grow tents? I don't know why its called Gorilla grow tent, there aint nothing secret, hidden or discreet about them. Just it's straight forwards and all you need to do is assemble it. But some 1x1 or 2x2 and a little know how, I could make a better product for 20$. Whats more hidden, a big black pop up tent in the middle of who knows where in your house, or some inconspicuous cabinet that looks like all the rest in the house?

I have never thought them worth the money, but a lot of people would disagree with me. Then again, maybe I am the only person who can make an 8x8' greenhouse by myself for 100$ in a week.

Why? Putting it on the market means then you have to think about overhead, and shipping, and keeping staff. You want a 2x4x6 grow box with black+mylar poly with some holes and a door flap? K so I need 6 pieces of 2' 2x2, 4 pieces of 4' 2x2, 4 pieces of 6 feet 2x2, a bunch of screws, and 12-14 feet of Poly, staples and glue and some snips, maybe some velcro strips.

5 total pieces of 2x2 2.50 each 12.5
14 feet black white poly or mylar, 10
edit* oops forgot the pack of velcro, 2.50

Also how strong is poly tubing and snap together plastic corners? Doesn't seem very beastly to me. Plus if you build the original, lets say you want an extention, or you need a mom/clone area etc etc etc. Sorry, my 2cents.

No overhead, we'll provide a DIY instructional PDF.

The only thing about the wood etc is it takes tools to put up and take down. With tents you need no tools.

They're very strong, the Gorilla will hold a persons weight, other tents I've used held 80 pounds with zero issues.

To each their own really, I find value in the tents because it requires no tools at all, takes less the 5 mins to assemble and disassemble.

Hmm ok, those ones are much nicer than some of the others I have seen, those ones might be worth it. What I should of said is be wary of products, think about if there is a cheaper, easier, faster, etc way of doing it. I still wouldn't, but I might snag ideas from their design.

50/50 for me right now. all depends what you want. I might get a chance to build a closet, I will let you all know if/how it works out!

Tradeshow was yesterday, finally saw them in person.

They are definitely the best right now I would say. However I did also see the Secret Jardin v2.5 and it seemed to be able to hold weight too. I'll look into this further of course as I'm as curious as anyone.

Back to Gorilla, it really was impressive. Very strong material, unit interior reflection it wasn't like any other tents, obviously it's strong holds humans hanging no problem.

It was amazing seeing a 10ft tall grow tent, that tripped me out. I got inside an 8x8x10 and was like holy shit.

I'm going to start a thread on my experience, will post video in there very soon.

In my seven years of gardening indoors, assembling my Gorilla Grow tent has been the biggest and most frustrating waste of time.

The instructions are printed in incredibly small type on an 11"x17" piece of paper. There are typos that make me think no one proofread the instructions. The instructions are generic; one set of instructions are used for the 4'x4' as well as for the 12'x12' and the 10'x20'. Because of this, the specific issues that arise from assembling a large tent are completely bypassed. They even misidentify which ceiling support pole goes where. It makes me think the people writing the instructions have never assembled one of the tents.

One nice point is that the main walls contain velcro straps to hold up the wall while zipping it together. Except the velcro straps are reversed on two whole walls, so that you have to twist the straps to get them to work. Not exactly terrible, but how on earth could a fundamental problem like this get past any type of quality control measures?

On the topic of zipping up the main wall, the zippers on the upper half of my main wall are incorrectly placed (I have two female zippers on one side, and two male zippers on the other side), meaning the main wall is incapable of being zipped up. The solution I have found is to force the zipper shut in reverse, but it only temporary because the forced section of the zipper keeps popping open.

Even where the zippers are correctly matched up, it is poorly designed. To open a main door, you have to unconnect one zipper, and then backtrack another. Every time I open my main doors, I am going to be wasting time.

The extension panels are great in theory, except my 2' extension is not long enough to close properly. I'm told a new one is coming, but again, how can something this fundamental go wrong?

Thank you for sharing your experience and welcome to 420mag.

I have yet to put one together so this is interesting information to keep in my head for when I do put one together.

I've been selling the Secret Jardin 2.5's more because they're way cheaper and quality, we did pull-up's in them.

I've been checking into grow tents now for the last few days. The Gorilla brand looks nice but they are on the pricey side. The Secret Jardin brand looks like a better value when you consider it's just a tent.

Now there were some comments in this thread about what's all the fuss, it's just a tent right. But when you consider that this tent will keep the light in it will also keep the light out. I have some real considerations to make here as my plants are nearing the flowering stage. If I move them out into the room and place the lights over them I will always run the risk of being seen either from inside or outside of the house. I have the window disguised very stealth-fully but when I place a big 600 Watt in there...I'm just going to have to work it so the sun is up when the light goes on and it's still up when it goes off after 12 hours. There's too many people in this neighborhood, or any neighborhood for that matter who are trained in what to look for and if some local LE guy who lives around the corner sees very intense lights through the windows....I don't want to think about it.

Now I also agree that you could in theory build yourself a nice tent out of some PVC pipe or 2x4's and cover it in Panda Film. But to do it for $20...c'mon. Have you priced out lumber lately. And the PVC pipe and fittings would easily run $30 to $40. Still, I'm weighing all my options. I've been pricing up stuff lately and depending on where you buy it, it's easy to drop a grand on a grow tent, light and reflector, a digital ballast and the sundries needed for same. I just don't have that kind of dough right now for this operation. So perhaps using up some of the lumber I had left over from building a deck last spring might be the way for me to go.

Oh yes, and don't forget. Most of the tents I've researched come with a big plastic catch basin. That's not cheap and you'll need something for indoors.

I just purchased and set up a grow tent for my mother. i spent a couple of days looking for what i wanted and reviewing them, looking at the gorilla brand tents i decided that thier prices were way to high for my taste at over $2000 for the 4x8 tent i was looking for. they were taller than the tent i decided on, but were generaly very similar in quality to the one i eventualy bought. I bought the secret jardin 240w 4x8x7.5 for $355 with shipping. the tent assembled quickly but a stepstool would be needed for shorter people below 5'7". overl quality was nice and i only found two places with pinholes around one vent mounting. it came with a seperate reflective floor liner for spills and reflection off the floor. Overall i am very happy with its purchase and now am just waiting for my led lights to arrive to finish instal and to place plants in. sry i forgot to take a photo

I just got a cheap grow tent off an auction website.I paid 135$ for a 4x4x7 tent. It is no where near a gorilla or a jardin. I don't even know what the name is but at this point I'm just looking to use it as a cloning chamber. If there are light leaks and I can fix them I may decide to do a LED soil grow in this tent maybe like a 2 plant grow. As soon as it arrives I will update with name of tent and how the quality is.

Back
Top Bottom