Gort's Outdoor Grow In Oregon

Gort

Well I just joined this forum so I'm starting this late, but I have been taking pictures along the way. Kind of a time lapse journal.

I moved here to the Willamette Valley a little over a year ago from The San Francisco area and this is my first grow here in Oregon. My old place was in the fog belt and my spot only got about six to seven hours of direct sun. My new place gets sun all day long.

This valley used to be a flood plain so the base soil isn't bad. I put in raised beds and before I did I dug down about 18 inches and cleared out stones and amended the soil with compost, peat, and manure. I put in the beds and had a few yards of compost delivered to help fill the beds. I like to plant flowers like Yarrow, Cosmos and Marigolds to attract beneficial insects to go after aphids etc. I try to have those going before I get my vegetable garden and cannabis going. If things go well I shouldn't have soil problems or pest problems. I'm not much of a soil tester I have a meter but I usually use my gut and fly by the seat of my pants.
Indoor May 24.jpg
Indoor May 18.jpg

I started my plants indoors around the beginning of April. I started from seed and set my lights so that they matched the sunrise and sunset on May 30th. Here they are. These were taken on May 14th and May 24th. I'll get into the strains in the next post

I had planted both regular and feminized seeds. Out of all the plants I started I whittled it down to seven. A couple males and the rest I was able to find homes for. I have 3 Jillybean, Blue Dream, Tangerine Dream, Lost Coast OG and LSD. I let one Jillybean male flower inside a tent and saved some pollen so that I can pollinate one or two branches for upcoming seasons. Five of the plants are in beds two in pots. I took these pics on June 1st.

Attachments

• 61 Jillybean.jpg
    61 Jillybean.jpg
    591.3 KB · Views: 145
  • outdoor 61.jpg
    outdoor 61.jpg
    634.2 KB · Views: 141
nice growing!

I finally put out some mulch under the plants. I picked up some hay that hasn't been treated with herbicides. Its been warm to hot here for the past couple of weeks. Having the plants in the ground really helps the two I have in pots are getting watered every day the others every three. Here is the mulch and also a picture of a Jillybean(left) and a Lost Coast OG (right). Today it was 98 here plants don't seemed phased.
Mulch.jpg
Jillybean and Loast Coast OG 89.jpg

Back
Top Bottom