Green dark spots on rapid rooter and vinegar smell in tent - Seedling at 10 days old

mmxk

420 Member
Thanks everybody for your help. 1st ever grow and here's a description of my setup

3x3x6 grow tent
Black Dog LED 2 200 at 38" from plants
Recirculating DWC
4 seedlings at 10 days old
I was hand watering the seedling on day 1-8. Water pump was on only during the light hours. For the last 2 days, top feed water pump on 24h/d
Tent temperature at 83-85 with light, 75-77 no light
Ceramic heater outside of tent by air intake to help maintain temperature
RH at about 78%-82%
Small humidifier inside of tent
2 clip on fans
Remo nutriments @ 30% strength of veg week 1.
Using slightly hard tap water
Water temp at 72-75
PH started at 5.5 10 days ago and climbed gradually to 6.2
Tent fan with carbon filter running at minimum setting

In the last 2 days, I noticed a noticeable vinegar smell in the tent. It doesn't look like it's coming from the inside of my buckets or my water reservoir. My plants smell like a living green plant. I have no idea when the smell comes from. Also, I noticed some green/dark spots on my rapid rooter. I have no idea what it might be and could love some advice. Thank you very much

Alright, I have some updates on my problems.

Last night, I cut the RH. Overnight it was about 65% compared to 80-85% previously. When I opened the tent in the morning, most of the vinegar smell was gone. Only a slight smell if I was really looking for it. Tonight, RH has been cut done some more. It's down to about 57%.

To get ride of the dark spots on the rooters, I decided to cut the top 3/16" on all my 4 rapid rooters. See images below. Same rooter, one picture with a flash, the other one without

The possible mold/algae/bacteria grow has been removed without affecting my seedlings. I felt like a surgeon removing a tumor for a moment. Oh well, I can dream I guess. Should I add hydrogen peroxide straight to my rapid rooter to help kill a possible bacteria grow in the rooter? If so, should I sue the drug store 3% one or 30% food grade one? How about quality or dilution on the rooter?

As a bonus, where's some picture of my seedling. This one my champion and just outgrow the other 3. She's just about to start her forth real node

As a comparative, this one is marginally lagging with the others. Her 3rd true node is a good size

I lowered my ceramic heater from 70 to 68 and slightly increase my inline fan power. I want to lower my tent temperature sitting at 85 with light and 77 no light as my reservoir temperature has increase to 76. I'm looking for bout 72-74 for rez temperature. I'm also using a 6w 4 outlets air pump for my 4 buckets and a 6w 4 outlet air pump for my reservoir.

Back
Top Bottom