grow bags

tee44

420 Member
anybody ever use roots organic potting soil 10gal bags before, thinking about putting into the ground nxt year .cost is 23 bucks a bag sounds like a good idea any thoughs pros, cons?
:yummy::yummy:

I use roots organic 707 formula soil now but the bags I use are 20 gallon and cost me $16.00 a bag. They are designed so that you cut off the top and it forms a grow bag. Plant right into the bag. The bags are even printed with a camo pattern to help hide them outdoors.lol

Aurora Innovations out of Eugene, Oregon makes the Roots organic soil. it's a great product. less peat and added coir makes it more PH stable than fox farms IMO.

coolthx,can you bury them in the ground a bit ?also do you use nutes for veg and flowering or just flowering ? my 1st grow was outside in regular soil with mirical grow organic soilmixed and FF nutes truned out ok but was a lil stunted i though, i live midwest want to try the bags next year just a small grow of 5 plants all indica this time

coolthx,can you bury them in the ground a bit ?also do you use nutes for veg and flowering or just flowering ? my 1st grow was outside in regular soil with mirical grow organic soilmixed and FF nutes truned out ok but was a lil stunted i though, i live midwest want to try the bags next year just a small grow of 5 plants all indica this time
Yes you can dig a hole and set ther bags into it. I've done that with containers for years. You don't lose portability while hiding the grow a little more. Yes you use nutes for both veg and flower although you could probably get away without using nutes the first month or so. You should like this soil. So far I'm impressed with it.

Back
Top Bottom