Any tips on a new grow

What are you growing in now ? It looks like those tiny little cardboard looking seedling starter cups.
I think they're about the size of a jello cup ? If so .... let them get about 3 sets of leaves & transplant.
But take them out of those starter cups. I know they're biodegradable but it takes too long for that to happen & the roots wont spread. I usually go from Solo Cup to 1 gallon pots. Then 1 gallon to 3 gallon. A week before Flower I go to 5 gallon.
The pic on the right has 2 sets of leaves. Don't count the rounded sucker leaves. So 2 more sets b4 transplant. Then you know it's stable enough. Then a week later Top it. Once that grows out a little start LST & you're on your way to a good size plant.
Cool thanks

I'd suggest doing some due diligence on your lighting. A 600 watt HPS in a tent is going to create a new set of issues, mainly being heat. Just a few years ago I'd have never suggested what I am going to suggest, but times have changed. Bigtime. LED has came of age. You can effectively cut operational costs in half as far as watts at the plug, and with the right LED chipset you can provide MORE than enough PAR over your canopy, and at very specific dialed in spectrums. As far as heat goes, it's no contest at all. LED rulez.
This light uses 4 LED boards driven by one Meanwell 490 driver. This light draws 500 watts at the plug and goes head to head with a single ended 1000 watt HPS light. Also outs out less than half the heat.

20191101_155259.jpg

If your dead set on HPS, I have a storage room full of unused digital HPS ballasts and hoods for sale. SO does about everyone else who's grown a spell, tried the new LED's (Samsung LM-301's ROCK!) and never looked back. We flower under 3000k and veg under 4000k LED's. In flowering under these LED's, we have a PAR canopy exceeding 1200 at the lowest value and push the Co2 to around 1300 ppm.
With the right LED's, no regrets. Good luck and consider me subscribed!

Attachments

• 20200520_180237.jpg
    20200520_180237.jpg
    901.8 KB · Views: 17
I put this one in a 1gallon pot with fox farm ocean forest then topped it a week later and it started taking off. I thought it would be a lot bigger after 30 days but this is the outcome so far. They say this mix only holds its nutrients for 3-4weeks. I plan to transplant one last time. What soil should I use when I transplant? I plan to go into flower around and I heard I don't need much nitrogen in flower. Should I keep using fox farm OF or repot in something different.

Back
Top Bottom