Any tips on a new grow

Dunnysparks

I'm a newbie to all of this and was looking for any tips with this grow. I'm growing some bag seeds I found which is supposedly some CasperOG. My question is when should I transplant these into some bigger pots/bags. These pics are from 7 days after my seedlings broke through the dirt. Also, what kind of soil do you pros recommend

Attachments

• 20200424_154036.jpg
    20200424_154036.jpg
    738.4 KB · Views: 105
  • 20200424_153929.jpg
    20200424_153929.jpg
    893.1 KB · Views: 116
Hi mate and welcome, plenty of cool pleasant intelligent people on here you will love it, there's plenty of options when it comes to picking what you want to grow in and how, me personally grow in coco coir aswel as many more members on here, then there's dwc which I don't know about but Is growing in a resorvoir and then plain old soil, hope this helps and I wouldn't transplant for atleast a another week or 2, I would also suggest making a journal for people to follow along and help if required or just to participate in your grow happy growing

What are you growing in now ? It looks like those tiny little cardboard looking seedling starter cups.
I think they're about the size of a jello cup ? If so .... let them get about 3 sets of leaves & transplant.
But take them out of those starter cups. I know they're biodegradable but it takes too long for that to happen & the roots wont spread. I usually go from Solo Cup to 1 gallon pots. Then 1 gallon to 3 gallon. A week before Flower I go to 5 gallon.

If you can get Fox Farms Ocean Forrest Soil it works well & you wont need any nutrients for 3 - 4 weeks. Then go to the Greenleaf Nutrient website & get the Free Sample of Mega Crop all purpose plant food (You Pay Shipping). That is all you need & will do 2 - 3 plants through an entire grow.

What are you growing in now ? It looks like those tiny little cardboard looking seedling starter cups.
I think they're about the size of a jello cup ? If so .... let them get about 3 sets of leaves & transplant.
But take them out of those starter cups. I know they're biodegradable but it takes too long for that to happen & the roots wont spread. I usually go from Solo Cup to 1 gallon pots. Then 1 gallon to 3 gallon. A week before Flower I go to 5 gallon.
I regret buying those seedling cups. They act like they want to fall apart after watering lol.

If you can get Fox Farms Ocean Forrest Soil it works well & you wont need any nutrients for 3 - 4 weeks. Then go to the Greenleaf Nutrient website & get the Free Sample of Mega Crop all purpose plant food (You Pay Shipping). That is all you need & will do 2 - 3 plants through an entire grow.
Great info. I was looking at fox farms and pro mix. I think I'm going with the fox farms like you said. I have 2 more ?. What is a good size tent for a total of 4 plants. Also, the tent will be located in my basement where there isn't good air flow. Can I pull air from the outside into the tent without harming my plants.

I'm using a 45 watt Led right now. I plan to buy a tent and 600watt hps by May 1
You'll need either a 4' x 4' x 7' -or- 5' x 5' x 7' tent for a 600 watt HPS.
A 250 watt will do a 2' x 4' x 6' -or- 3' x 3' x 7' tent.
Why HPS ? Just wondering. I prefer White LED Lights. Less Heat & Cheaper to run.
For 4 plants I'd go with a 5' x 5' x 7' (Decent one at Walmart.com for $129). Gives you plenty of room for Topping & LST which turns your plants into bushes.

When I pull air from outside I have the air coming out through a carbon filter to prevent any bugs, pollen, etc. from coming in. Is it hot in your basement? If not just bring in the air from there & use an exhaust fan to send the heat in the tent out a window.

You'll need either a 4' x 4' x 7' -or- 5' x 5' x 7' tent for a 600 watt HPS.
A 250 watt will do a 2' x 4' x 6' -or- 3' x 3' x 7' tent.
Why HPS ? Just wondering. I prefer White LED Lights. Less Heat & Cheaper to run.
For 4 plants I'd go with a 5' x 5' x 7' (Decent one at Walmart.com for $129). Gives you plenty of room for Topping & LST which turns your plants into bushes.
Do you use the LEDs in flower to?

When I pull air from outside I have the air coming out through a carbon filter to prevent any bugs, pollen, etc. from coming in. Is it hot in your basement? If not just bring in the air from there & use an exhaust fan to send the heat in the tent out a window.
It's a cool basement averaging about 65deg. I've ran into some high humidity problems in the past summer months. My dehumidifier was able to correct it though.

Do you use the LEDs in flower to?
I use LED the whole grow. The Mars Hydro Lights have adjustable light ballasts so I start out at 50% & work my way up in 2 - 3 steps over a couple of weeks. Then just leave it at 100% till done. My plants should be done in the next 2 - 4 weeks. I only vegged these 5 weeks. This was a week ago.
6-336.JPG
6-341.JPG
6-347.JPG
6-352.JPG

Sweet set-up I'm trying to find out where to get those mars hydro lights in Michigan/US. I can't get that plant food you recommended here either. I found the Fox Farms Ocean forest at a local shop. Do you any other recommendations on the plant food that might be available in the states.

Welcome to the forum @Dunnysparks

I regret buying those seedling cups. They act like they want to fall apart after watering lol.
:rofl: Their supposed to do that, they're biodegradable so you can plant cup and all into the ground...I use them for my veggie garden :thumb:

Sweet set-up I'm trying to find out where to get those mars hydro lights in Michigan/US. I can't get that plant food you recommended here either. I found the Fox Farms Ocean forest at a local shop. Do you any other recommendations on the plant food that might be available in the states.
Mars is one of our sponsors here and give discounts Indoor Led Grow Lights & Grow Tents - Mars Hydro

And I recommend either the fox farm nutrient trio or the Mega Crop...you can order it in Michigan, or should be able to...I'm in Missouri and mines on the way :thumb:

You wont find Mars Hydro in stores. EBAY or Amazon yes. But better to talk to @SmokeSara right here on the 420 site. Besides, you'll get a discount ordering through her. She'll chime in & fill you in. I ordered mine & they were here in about a week.
You wont find Mega Crop in stores. The only place to get it is from GreenLeaf. Again, about a week to get it.

I'm using a 45 watt Led right now. I plan to buy a tent and 600watt hps by May 1

I'd suggest doing some due diligence on your lighting. A 600 watt HPS in a tent is going to create a new set of issues, mainly being heat. Just a few years ago I'd have never suggested what I am going to suggest, but times have changed. Bigtime. LED has came of age. You can effectively cut operational costs in half as far as watts at the plug, and with the right LED chipset you can provide MORE than enough PAR over your canopy, and at very specific dialed in spectrums. As far as heat goes, it's no contest at all. LED rulez.
This light uses 4 LED boards driven by one Meanwell 490 driver. This light draws 500 watts at the plug and goes head to head with a single ended 1000 watt HPS light. Also outs out less than half the heat.

20191101_155259.jpg

If your dead set on HPS, I have a storage room full of unused digital HPS ballasts and hoods for sale. SO does about everyone else who's grown a spell, tried the new LED's (Samsung LM-301's ROCK!) and never looked back. We flower under 3000k and veg under 4000k LED's. In flowering under these LED's, we have a PAR canopy exceeding 1200 at the lowest value and push the Co2 to around 1300 ppm.
With the right LED's, no regrets. Good luck and consider me subscribed!

I'd suggest doing some due diligence on your lighting. A 600 watt HPS in a tent is going to create a new set of issues, mainly being heat. Just a few years ago I'd have never suggested what I am going to suggest, but times have changed. Bigtime. LED has came of age. You can effectively cut operational costs in half as far as watts at the plug, and with the right LED chipset you can provide MORE than enough PAR over your canopy, and at very specific dialed in spectrums. As far as heat goes, it's no contest at all. LED rulez.
This light uses 4 LED boards driven by one Meanwell 490 driver. This light draws 500 watts at the plug and goes head to head with a single ended 1000 watt HPS light. Also outs out less than half the heat.

20191101_155259.jpg

If your dead set on HPS, I have a storage room full of unused digital HPS ballasts and hoods for sale. SO does about everyone else who's grown a spell, tried the new LED's (Samsung LM-301's ROCK!) and never looked back. We flower under 3000k and veg under 4000k LED's. In flowering under these LED's, we have a PAR canopy exceeding 1200 at the lowest value and push the Co2 to around 1300 ppm.
With the right LED's, no regrets. Good luck and consider me subscribed!
I hear this a lot :hmmmm: and yet, I have a 4 x 8 with 1600 watts of HIDs (1000 watt & a 600 watt HPS) and my temps are fine and steady at 72F, same with my 4 x 4 with a 600 watt HPS...with lights on...and I've yet to have someone show me buds like this from an LED rig............I mean no offense, but really HPS all the way buddy :slide::yahoo::morenutes:

Back
Top Bottom