Grow bags

Can you re use them??
Great question, per the manufacturer:

Are your bags biodegradable?

Currently Grove Bags are reusable but not biodegrade. We continually strive to reduce our carbon footprint across all aspects of the company and have a five year goal of replacing current components of our film structure with hemp-based plastics. Visit our sustainability page to learn more about our commitment to a greener planet and our five year goals. Check out our Sustainability By Design page.

Thank you. Yes I seen that but do you clean with alcohol or just put next batch in?
Guess you will have to use some logic here; if your existing stash came out of the bag in clean and germ free condition, than why not? Then again, I'm sure there would be no effect to the stash or fabric to use rubbing alcohol to clean before re-using.
Best to you @Evergreen89 and hope your decision is the right one.

After hang drying my product to 55-60% humidity, 8 days. I put my product into these bags as they say to do, and it is supposed eliminate the burping process for the next few weeks. I can testify, they DO NOT work for that part, did not make it 3 days. I threw out a lot of product due to mold by day 11!!! So apparently the microbial coating and these humidity pouches on the inside of bag,(that you can not see) that is supposed to keep mold away does not work either!! So their is two of the three things this bag is designed for and DID NOT work for me!! I will stick to my jars and burp as we should. Cutting corners, or taking the easy way out, never seems to work. They talk of pouches inside bag to keep moisture correct, I see nothing in them. They look like a fancy Ziplock bag and they work exactly as a Ziplock bag would!!
We work too hard to destroy our product in the end, by trusting someone to send us down a good path. When seems they just want our money for a product that does not work as they say!!
Save your money, buy glass that you can clean properly! Instead of more plastic for the landfill or something you cannot clean properly, especially since they grow mold so nicely! I would be very leery taking isopropyl alcohol to these bags and good luck trying to clean them with anything else. Fighting with the Ziplock itself is crappy, just like we all do with sandwich bags. I see nothing good about them!

You need to dry the bud before it goes into the bag. If it's over 65% humidity its going to mold, no bag will stop that. Did you monitor the RH in the bag like you would in a jar? The Grove bags are for curing dried bud and does NOT replace the drying process. I have bud dried to around 63% in a bag for over 6 months, and it's still at around 62% and it's still curing. The buds smell fantastic, too.

I followed their instruction on a YouTube video from the owner/product manufacturer and his business partner. Long time guy here and know the scenario very well and was skeptical about the not burping part as the bags are supposed maintain the 62%ish mark and they go into detail about it. Also talk about a microbial coating inside of bag to prevent mold, neither are true. To trusting and I knew better. They claim to have humidity pouches built into the bag, I see none. My bags are up and down humidity, yes with a gauge. Nowhere near as good as a jar keeps them. Been in my bags for 30 days, after the mold issue, I'm just not interested in fighting with the Ziplock part, the mold issue, the not being able to clean properly, wont maintain humidity as well as glass, and definitely not Environmentally friendly! I can't touch on the terp part as only 30 days in, but not impressed this far, with all the negatives out weighing any good at this point. Just so reminds me of the old days trying to use plastic bags. And seem to do nothing more than a Ziplock bag or a vacuum sealer bag. My Jars are beside the bags curing, and the jars are winning the cure test! 20 year old+ jars and still going. How's the bag compare to that?

I followed their instruction on a YouTube video from the owner/product manufacturer and his business partner. Long time guy here and know the scenario very well and was skeptical about the not burping part as the bags are supposed maintain the 62%ish mark and they go into detail about it. Also talk about a microbial coating inside of bag to prevent mold, neither are true. To trusting and I knew better. They claim to have humidity pouches built into the bag, I see none. My bags are up and down humidity, yes with a gauge. Nowhere near as good as a jar keeps them. Been in my bags for 30 days, after the mold issue, I'm just not interested in fighting with the Ziplock part, the mold issue, the not being able to clean properly, wont maintain humidity as well as glass, and definitely not Environmentally friendly! I can't touch on the terp part as only 30 days in, but not impressed this far, with all the negatives out weighing any good at this point. Just so reminds me of the old days trying to use plastic bags. And seem to do nothing more than a Ziplock bag or a vacuum sealer bag. My Jars are beside the bags curing, and the jars are winning the cure test! 20 year old+ jars and still going. How's the bag compare to that?
The bag could still easily have an antimicrobial coating ... that just means mold won't grow ON the bag. It isn't going to prevent mold on material that is too wet that has been placed into a nice dark place. Mold spores are literally everywhere, the only way to beat them is to not give good conditions for it to grow. You said you hang dried until 55-60% but if that were actually true, mold couldn't have grown on it, inside the bag or out. The thing you may not have accounted for is that even when it seems dry on the outside, there can still be significant moisture inside which creeps out to stabilize at a higher final number than you think...

I don't think there is an 'easy' way out, I just think there are different tools with which to achieve a good result, each kind has advantages and disadvantages, you just have to figure out which of those things works best for you in your life.

Back
Top Bottom