Grow Room Questions

So if I use drywall for the room there would be no reason to buy the foam board correct? If I do this in the winter will the lights keep the room at an adequate tempature?

For your first grow, I suggest only doing a couple plants (I'm doing 3 for my first time ... I didn't want a ton of plants if I had problems on my first grow). That way you don't have alot invested into it if things go wrong .... and it's easier to manage while you learn what needs to be done.

You have a great space there. If the walls are flat white, then you really don't need to do anything to them. They will reflect light very efficiently. I would make two grow areas. One for vegging and one for flowering. You could use 1 x 1's to frame up a thin walls and use black plastic to make the walls out of.

Figure out where you are going to do your grow and use a marker or chalk or tape to make a 4ft x 4ft square on the floor. With a 400w light, you don't want to go outside that area (with your light centered above it). Any more space than that and you won't have enough light hitting your plants.

This video is where I got this idea ...... it's a good video and will help you try to decide what you want to do with your space.

[video=youtube;NyMMz4MDCjM]
[/video]

For your first grow, I suggest only doing a couple plants (I'm doing 3 for my first time ... I didn't want a ton of plants if I had problems on my first grow). That way you don't have alot invested into it if things go wrong .... and it's easier to manage while you learn what needs to be done.

You have a great space there. If the walls are flat white, then you really don't need to do anything to them. They will reflect light very efficiently. I would make two grow areas. One for vegging and one for flowering. You could use 1 x 1's to frame up a thin walls and use black plastic to make the walls out of.

Figure out where you are going to do your grow and use a marker or chalk or tape to make a 4ft x 4ft square on the floor. With a 400w light, you don't want to go outside that area (with your light centered above it). Any more space than that and you won't have enough light hitting your plants.

This video is where I got this idea ...... it's a good video and will help you try to decide what you want to do with your space.

[video=youtube;NyMMz4MDCjM]
[/video]
The only reason im attemting anything more than 2 plants is because I have some help as well. I do see where you are coming from. As for the video im going to definitely do that. Thanks alot for the awesome responses. Truely appreciate it.

This is a post I made in another thread ...............

Here's what I am using for soil. I decided to put together my own.

I found a really nice local soil mix called Earthgro. It's an all organic mix that contains .....

- Peat
- composted forest products
- sand

I also found Black Forest Compost on sale. It looks to be another all organic mix that contains .....

- compost
- forest humus
- worm castings
- Chicken poop
- bat guano
- kelp meal
- oyster shell
- dolomite
- lime
- mycorrhizae

I used 2 cubic feet of the dirt and mixed it with 1.5 cubic feet of the black forest compost. Then, I added about 1 cubic feet of perlite to help break it up a little. I mixed it all up in my wheel barrel and put it into a plastic garbage can (with no lid) to use as needed. I am potting them in 5 gallon cloth pots. When I initially potted them in the big pots, I pour about a gallon of water in each pot. About an inch of water ran out into the saucers underneath. So, I left it sit there and it was all soaked back in by morning. I don't normally do this ..... but the first time they need a really really good soak because all the dirt is dry.

If you can't find soil similar to mine. You can always make it from scratch. Google Subcool's Super Soil. It is easy to make .... although a little pricey for all the addatives. But here is the recipe. There are many variations of this online. They all work pretty well. I can't remember where I got this, but I'm pretty sure it was posted by Subcool.

Um it pretty much comes down to what you like and want to feed your plants. Also if you are going organic or chemical. But pro mix, coco coir, master pride, happy frog, fox farms ocean, theres another one called something gold. but these are like the top soil mediums ppl will choose from. Most will mix different compost and soils with guano or chicken poop. It all depends how you want your soil.

Back
Top Bottom