Grow Tents

Tents are great for hydroponics and for maintaining a sealed environment. These particular ones look decent enough to me from the picture and description. As for price, the quality of these tents can vary so you can only hope you get what you pay for. I bought a considerably cheaper one but I do feel I got what I paid for, it does the trick but could certainly be a little sturdier with better cuffs etc. The 1.2x2 is a nice model (the same size I use) is a great size for growing one large plant or multiple smaller plants it suits a 600w perfectly it has more duct cuffs than mine separate cord cuff and a viewing window overall a good tent.

Those look like GrowLab tents, great quality. Oh and grow tents are awesome, they make things 10x easier. Only time I don't suggest grow tents is when people need stealth OR they own their home and can drills holes in walls etc.

Interesting, since I got my grow tent because I wanted stealth, without drilling holes in walls, etc. Why do you think a grow tent is not for people who need stealth?

Interesting perspective JJ.

When I was thinking of "stealth" I was mostly concerned with smell and light - and for containment of these there is nothing better than a grow tent. You get the added bonus of a well managed environment if set up correctly.

I am quite sure that a lot more people are busted due to someone smelling their operation than someone walking in and seeing a tent in the middle of the living room (just being slightly sarcastic here). So I guess my concern for stealth ends at that point... someone in the house and in the same room as the tent will see nutrients... broken fans... net pots... a work bench...

However, I admit that your solution takes care of light, smell, and up close detection... as long as you hide all the other "accessories" as well.

In my opinion a grow tent isn't something that is easily hidden. By hidden I mean someone standing directly in front of it, staring at it and not knowing a thing.

When I think of stealth it would have to be the cabinet grows etc.

Gotcha, I put my grow tent inside of a pre-existing closet with folding doors so it is stealth when I need it. A grow tent standing in the middle of the room, not so much!

thanks guys, any suggestions with the type of carbon filter for smell purposes as this will be my first grow, and how easy are the tents to set up with components, lights fans etc

You will need the carbon filter to match the cubic foot squared per hour rating of your fan.

Tents are very easy it should come with straps to hang your filter, I don't know what the called but they are the same as the once used to adjust a back pack if you know what I mean? and if you haven't already seen these Easy Roller Light Hanger Use them to hang/adjust your lights.

Back
Top Bottom