H2O2 question

Cwmoore577

So I have just started my first grow after setting up my automatic drip feed system.

I have a reservoir that’s about 17 or 18 gallons and I was unsure if I should be using hydrogen peroxide in it to prevent bacteria issues. From what I’ve read it recommended it for soil and hydroponic gardens. I’m in Royal Gold Tupur mix which is coco based, does that make any difference?

My room temps are always in the 68-72°F range but I haven’t checked the water temp in the res itself yet.

I use the FloraTrio nutrients as well as calmag, Stout mono-silicic acid and Floralicious plus.

Hiya @Cwmoore577 For experimenting, I just started playing with hydro, I don't even have a PPM or PH meter yet lol! I tested my well water pH with a pool tester a while back...good enough for now! I got a good handle on soil, so wtf I got nothign to lose. I made a bubble bin and dropped 5 little clones in rockwool cubes with decent roots started in it, within a day or so I had brown goop building up on my baskets, roots, air tubes...uh oh!

So I did some reading here and elsewhere and I came across a thread somewhere that suggested Hydroguard by Botanicare...it wasn't cheap from the local guy but he had it...dropped in the recommended amount and BAM within a very short period of time, slime dissipated entirely. Has been clean as a whistle since friday, little clones look happy and marching right towards the sky.

Not sure that this translates to your situation but I figured I'd toss it in. CHeers mate, gl! :yahoo:

Hiya @Cwmoore577 For experimenting, I just started playing with hydro, I don't even have a PPM or PH meter yet lol! I tested my well water pH with a pool tester a while back...good enough for now! I got a good handle on soil, so wtf I got nothign to lose. I made a bubble bin and dropped 5 little clones in rockwool cubes with decent roots started in it, within a day or so I had brown goop building up on my baskets, roots, air tubes...uh oh!

So I did some reading here and elsewhere and I came across a thread somewhere that suggested Hydroguard by Botanicare...it wasn't cheap from the local guy but he had it...dropped in the recommended amount and BAM within a very short period of time, slime dissipated entirely. Has been clean as a whistle since friday, little clones look happy and marching right towards the sky.

Not sure that this translates to your situation but I figured I'd toss it in. CHeers mate, gl! :yahoo:
Yes my store carries Hydroguard as well. Just thought h2o2 might be cheaper although what I have for first aid shouldn’t be used because of stabilizers apparently. I guess I’ll just get some of that if needed.

Also, I couldn’t imagine doing coco or hydro without a way to monitor my ph range. Would be tough to adjust when you see the plant needs something lol
Good luck my friend!

edit: what nutrient line do you use? I’m going on my 3rd week and no build up with FloraSeries. I’d imagine you’re using an organic line.

The answer to all your questions is Pbass is SO CHEAP! I do everything cheap. Cheap cheap cheap. That is not to say, however, that I will not pry open my wallet for things I absolutely need.

When I saw that slime starting in such quick fashion, and after all the following and reading I have done over the last year, I knew immediately I needed something stronger than hydrogen peroxide. Hydroguard sounded perfect, delivered and continues to deliver even though it cost 32 bucks for a little jug! I'm going into day 7 and my water looks beautiful, roots are growing excellently, nice and white with just a tinge of Fox Farms Big Bloom color to them.

Which brings us to the next point...I'm just using what I use for my soil! Fox Farms Trio...I looked at their feeding schedule for hydro (3tsp Big Bloom, 2tsp Grow Big per gallon), added vinegar(4tsp per gallon) for PH and h2o2 (2tsp per gallon) in hopes of a bit of sterilization I guess. 12 gallons total.

I understand entirely you're view on my going at this without the proper equipment. Two things there. First, I have a fair amount of buffer going in soil, so I wouldn't bat an eyelash if they died tomorrow. This is entirely experimental to me. Second, I am not only extra cheap but even more stubborn. If you tell me don't do that, I'm probably going to do it...if you tell me I have to have it to make it work and I have a inkling I dont, I'll most likely try without first. Plus tools are overrated! Might sound dumb to you, but it's all feel to me, just like my Bass. I've actually decided I'm NOT going to get a pH pen or PPM meter until they die on me! My biggest concern at this point is having enough light for them, but I just picked up two Viparspectra 300w (130w from wall) for $.41 a watt! Oh man am I stoked!

Back
Top Bottom