Hail or Hydroton?

Hi folks, I'm a newbie here and to the art of growing.

I've been spending 8+ hrs a day doing research, two monitors open, 30+ tabs of things I need to read and dont want to forget to do so, etc. It's mind boggling how much info there is to decipher and learn as well.

I'm starting to seriously lean towards DWC for my first grow. Thanks Tulip for that awesome thread I read front to back in one sitting.

So, for now just 1 little question (trust me I'll have PLENTY more).

I came across this product called HAIL. STG Storm - Hail - Hydroponic supplies from Sure To Grow

Have yet to see comments or reviews on it, but it sure looks cleaner than hydroton.

Any thoughts or experience?

If you're going with DWC (and if you're new I'd recommend it as it's dead simple and gives decent performance, both of which will allow you to learn easier while worrying less) it doesn't really matter since the point is to get the roots into the reservoir ASAP anyway. I'd go (and have gone) with hydroton. No real scientific reason. Rinse it off a little bit first (tends to be "dusty").

If you're going with DWC (and if you're new I'd recommend it as it's dead simple and gives decent performance, both of which will allow you to learn easier while worrying less) it doesn't really matter since the point is to get the roots into the reservoir ASAP anyway. I'd go (and have gone) with hydroton. No real scientific reason. Rinse it off a little bit first (tends to be "dusty").

heya again TS. Thanks. Ya I'm going with hydroton in the ------------ system. I plan on giving it a nice long shower and cleaning the hell out of it as suggested.

Thanks again.

hmm, I guess using the name of the system I bought is not allowed as they are not a specific sponsor. But I mean to use it as a style of DWC when describing w/o pics in my posts. Not intending to violate, but wanting to be fully descriptive as I am learning.

So ya I'm using the same type system in tulips tutorial. I just seems to be simple for my simple mindedness. :)

I just received a bag of hail to check out.

First off this SuretoGrow company is a bunch of retards. First the order was delayed because they stated "Paypal didn't send a email notifying of my order" they stated. So I fire off a nasty email stating that I would love to buy a lot more of this if it works as stated instead of hydro-ton. I received some lame ass abbreviated letter from someone who worked there that made little or no sense let alone represent the company to a disgruntled customer. I also stated after a week of waiting for an order one state away should been here next day and to cancel it if not sent. They sent it anyway no apologies no refund or partial credit nothing. Hope they go out of business the way they treat new customers.

F(@*&!@ SuretoGrow I will never buy another over priced pillow stuffing product again.

Back
Top Bottom