Harvest help please!

lickersogk

Hi guys , I'm ready to harvest ! I think ...not all my buds seem quite ready . I have about 10% Amber trichomes on main buds and larger buds but some smaller buds don't seem to quite be there yet . my question is it OK to cut the main buds off and then leave the smaller ones a few more days ?? Also is it better to cut and hang the whole plant or cut off individual branches . thanks alot hope to hear from. Someone soon cause I'm thinking of harvesting today ! :):thanks:

Re: Harvest help please !

Hi there ...so when you hang the plants should it be in the dark or light ? Fans no fans ...sorry its my first grow

Hi guys , I'm ready to harvest ! I think ...not all my buds seem quite ready . I have about 10% Amber trichomes on main buds and larger buds but some smaller buds don't seem to quite be there yet . my question is it OK to cut the main buds off and then leave the smaller ones a few more days ?? Also is it better to cut and hang the whole plant or cut off individual branches . thanks alot hope to hear from. Someone soon cause I'm thinking of harvesting today ! :):thanks:

Soil grow? have you flushed etc?
Ok I am the wrong one to answer this but I know i read somewhere that you want to eliminate some of the stock as it will still send nutes etc to the buds thus possible chem taste. all depends on flush etc. With good air and a rack people seem to cut them down smaller and leave sugar leaves on so if I am correct it will pull from the leaves since smaller stock.
trichrome level is a growers preference but i seem to feel like most people will flush for a week or so when they hit 20 or so. peaking it at 50 or so but foggy reading.

Don't trust me though I am remembering through foggy reading and not being there yet myself.

There are tutorials on here check them out It's where I learned methods but I will be diggin again in a few weeks.

Hey there thanks for the input, ya soil grow and yes flushed . organic fed , just wonder if it may do more harm then good to chop up the plant rather then hang the whole thing as is. I have read quite a bit about this but there are different methods and now the decision time is here and STRESSED lol ...

Hey there thanks for the input, ya soil grow and yes flushed . organic fed , just wonder if it may do more harm then good to chop up the plant rather then hang the whole thing as is. I have read quite a bit about this but there are different methods and now the decision time is here and STRESSED lol ...

Yah I get that for sure.. When you chop it make sure you cut it at the end of dark cycle well before lights come on.. let's plant drain some. Sit tight and I am sure some of the Vet's will chime in. Good luck with it and hope for big yield!
:peace:

ok so if noone responds and I had to go off what I have read,
I would wait til near end of dark cycle.
Cut base at the bottom so it can't pull more fluid back up.
Cut the cola's near the stock so they are pretty long but no extra stock than needed. remove all fan leaves not sugars.
hang them a day upside down.
Next day remove the buds more refined put them in a drying rack approx a week. stocks will be brittle.

Trim all the sugar leaves and remaining stocks and jar them. air them 2-3 times first couple days then once a day for 2 weeks or so..

Bout the summary of it...

Do wait for others input though.
GL
FE

The short answer to your questions is you can do any of the methods you described and be just fine. If you choose to leave the smaller/lower buds on the plant and harvest the big tops, they will keep maturing and you can harvest each one when you think it is ready.

As for hanging the whole plant vs. branches, that's up to you. Honestly, I haven't seen a picture of someone hanging the whole plant for quite some time. Most growers around here will do it by branch. I'm not sure how either process affects the outcome though, if at all.

As for trimming, this one's up to you too. After you chop the plant, almost everyone will remove the fan leaves before drying. Some people trim the sugar leaves before drying as well, and some leave them on partially/all the way through drying and trim afterward. I've tried both, and personally I find it MUCH easier to trim the buds while fresh. Though you will hear the argument that trimming buds while fresh will spread chlorophyll and give them a harsh smoke. I haven't had this personally happen, but if it's a concern, you could wash your buds as well.

I know you didn't ask some of the questions I 'answered', but Far East brought them up!

The short answer to your questions is you can do any of the methods you described and be just fine. If you choose to leave the smaller/lower buds on the plant and harvest the big tops, they will keep maturing and you can harvest each one when you think it is ready.

As for hanging the whole plant vs. branches, that's up to you. Honestly, I haven't seen a picture of someone hanging the whole plant for quite some time. Most growers around here will do it by branch. I'm not sure how either process affects the outcome though, if at all.

As for trimming, this one's up to you too. After you chop the plant, almost everyone will remove the fan leaves before drying. Some people trim the sugar leaves before drying as well, and some leave them on partially/all the way through drying. I've tried both, and personally I find it MUCH easier to trim the buds while fresh. Though you will hear the argument that buds trimming buds while fresh will spread chlorophyll on them and give them a harsh smoke. I haven't had this personally happen, but if it's a concern, you could wash your buds as well.

I know you didn't ask some of the questions I 'answered', but Far East brought them up!

Thanks for all the input Jojo. Now I don't need to ask all that stuff myself in a few weeks ;) Mostly just stuff I read and thought I'd share.
:peace:

Back
Top Bottom