Harvest Problem: Pistils are not turning brown(First Time Grow Please Help)

eddysville

Hi all I am Very New to this, so I apologize in advance for my Noobness, I did look around the forums but couldnt find what I was looking for.

Strain: Northern Lights
Vegged:32 Days
Flower:(current):44 days
Nutes:General Hydroponics
Soil:FFOF
Water:Brita Ph 6.3 average
Plants:3 plants
Lights:CFL's
Pictures: no pics Im sorry

Ok, about 12 days ago I saw my pistils about 25-50% of whole plants so I stopped watering to get ready for harvest which is tomorrow... My problem is that the pistils remained at 25-50% brown and remainder pistils has not turned... what do I do? its been 12 days since I fed Nutes.. I am stumped, do I feed nutes?Harvest tomorow? I need direction ASAP. Thanx in advance

Oh by the way, The Trichomes, I noticed with my 60x lens, are half milky and half amber... I dont know if this helps... and on one of the plants, the top colas pistils are all white

I'd recheck your dates if your at day 44 of flowering. Then if you are growing a indica you could have 6 more days and a sativa 20 to 25. The hairs will red from bottom of the plant to top. A rule of thumb is when you have roughly 75% red she's ready. But would be best if you could check the tricomes but you can read up on that. If I were you I'd go to finished journals and find one that grew that strain and check that out so you can see when they finished. But bottom line is she's not ready yet you gotta be patient. The hardest part of growing lol. Hope this helps. :goodluck::morenutes::ganjamon:

thank you for the reply, your right about this being the hardest part of growing... I didnt know what to do yesterday... Im gonna take your advice on waiting anohter week... as soon as I saw this post i saw one of the plants that had all white pistils yesterday finally started to show a couple of reddish brown hairs... I have a 60x loupe, and I saw the the trichomes are about half amber and half milky(cloudy looking). I read up on some posts I should wait till the pistils are 50-75% reddish brown, but then I saw other posts that I should harvest when the trichomes are half amber half cloudy.... so Im kinda confused :/

you guys replies are awesome, definetely gonna wait for it to grow a little bigger and mature a bit more.... I feel like feen right now lol

Back
Top Bottom