Well the ladies were cut on the eve of the 6th I was seeing what I thought were the right amount of trichomes are ready what you guys have said, I'll upload pics in a sec. Must admit I'm a little annoyed that the smell went and a hay like grass smell turned up but trying to deal with that now. The yield was ok but I secretly expected more enough to keep me going. This strain of WW X Bubblegum seems to promise a lot and then fall short but it could have been something I was doing wrong.

The hay smell is chlorophyll. Where and how are you drying them?

The hay smell is chlorophyll. Where and how are you drying them?
In a grow tent hanging but I believe the humidity with too low around 30% I then since (after 2 days) moved them into a more suitable place with a rh of about 55%. Last night they were stored in a black bag to sweat a little and today they are moving over to the glass jars. They are smelling a lot better now with the original bubblegum coming through

Those are some fine looking plants! Sorry for piggybacking on to someone else's thread but I have the same question as this post "Harvest time yet?" I don't have access to proper magnifying piece so the photos are what i can achieve on my cellphone.
IMG_20170810_140322045.jpg
IMG_20170810_140600631_BURST000_COVER.jpg
IMG_20170810_140758784.jpg
IMG_20170810_140543470.jpg
IMG_20170810_140814453.jpg

These are the most recent photos I have, one day has passed since I had taken them

If anyone has any advice on how long till i harvest or another methods to either create an optic or other methods to help judge the "ripeness" of the bud.
Thanks Ron. Lovely photos by the way. As for telling you when they will be ready unfortunately I can't really tell because of my eyes but there is a lot of information her to let you know. I would strongly suggest a usb microscope. Cost me £15 from eBay something like 1000x magnification and was well worth the money. Phones are a good alternative but you don't have to second guess with a usb Microscope.

Hope this helps a little and happy toking.

The trichomes are still milky white. I can't see any amber ones. Once "ripe" the trichomes actually start exploding on them self. The little mushroom heads actually burst oozing out sweet resin. Most people cant handle the wait and chop a week or two premature. There will be no question about it one day when you check on her and see amber instead of white trichomes. Just stay the course. Well worth the wait.

Dieselix. Sorry bros, but your pics aren't good enough to answer the question. Try and isolate a bud and get a clear shot of trichomes. If you can't then look at some of the pics on this site of finished buds (how to grow pot - when to ....). I appreciate a lot of this is just the confidence around making a decision. Can you see amber on the heads of the trichomes? What percentage. Don't feel bad. I just did my first grow. I couldn't see much of anything (even with a loupe), but they were more than done according to time, and they sure looked ready. Anyway they look great.

Thanks Ron. Lovely photos by the way. As for telling you when they will be ready unfortunately I can't really tell because of my eyes but there is a lot of information her to let you know. I would strongly suggest a usb microscope. Cost me £15 from eBay something like 1000x magnification and was well worth the money. Phones are a good alternative but you don't have to second guess with a usb Microscope.

Hope this helps a little and happy toking.

Yea if i could i would have bought a microscope or appropriate device to assess the trichomes. However i live in a rural are in South America and lets just say the availability of many, many things is not so accessible.
Im in my early 30s (qualifying myself for this coming comment) We are the first or first(s) of many generations to come that have almost instant access to many products and services that were never ever available for the thousands of years that human civilisation has existed. we must not take that access for granted or abuse it. not saying anyone is but just felt appropriate since i am unable to buy such available thing in many parts around the world. im just grateful for all the things we have access to, even though in this case i am unable to purchase something.
IMG_20170812_130635047_HDR.jpg

Back
Top Bottom